Contribute
Register

SOLVED : Simple and quick solution for ALC892 Issue / With GA-Z170M and 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot for your solution! Very pleased and works like a charm on my Z97N wifi with 10.11.6 on board!

"Input Gain" fix sorted. In Info.plist i've changed only iGain to 0 (PCM mutes all) and before restart launched Kext Utility to repair permissions.

Everybody, who still has the noise sound problem after editing Info.plist - you must repair permissions (as @masrafas mentioned above)!
Editing the kext you change it and system cannot load it correctly.

As for me I recommend edit only <iGain> section to zero - it sets the level of Input Gain to 0 and the noise disappears, if you set <PCM> to 0 you there will be no sound at all after reboot and you need to set it to normal level in VoodooHDA prefpane manually.

Worked for me, MacOs Sierra with the same motherboard, Thank you!!

This worked for me, but I'm not sure what you mean by this, so I can't figure out how to adjust the gain:
  • Go to Pref Panel > VoodooHDA
Should I see a VoodooHDA settings icon inside my system settings? There's not one there.

Should I see a VoodooHDA settings icon inside my system settings? There's not one there.
WORKED FOR ME TOO on Sabertooth P67 with BIOS 3306. Never before it worked!
Don't see that either but it is installed in:
/System/Library/PreferencePanes/VoodooHDA.prefPane

Thanks for the post. Got audio working on my Hackintosh OS Sierra in a jiffy!

- Second one : You need to modify the Info.plist located inside our VoodooHdaLoader.app to force it to have a "0" value for settings.

Launch Terminal :
  • Type 'sudo -s' and your password
  • Type 'cd /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents'
  • Now type 'ls' to check if the Info.plist is right here
  • If ok type 'nano sudo Info.plist'
  • Scroll down until you see the <key>PCM</key>
  • Modify the four value PCM, Rec, iGain & iMix to '0'
  • Save and restart !

Now the problem must have been fixed :)

When I do these commands they don't seem to work right. I attached a couple screenshots showing what it is doing. It's just blank for the commands.

Edit: I was able to get this changed and its working great now. I had to do it a different way by copying the kext to the desktop then editing the plist and using kextbeast to put it back into the extensions folder. Thanks for the guide!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 4.36.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 4.36.53 PM.png
    371.6 KB · Views: 192
  • Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 4.37.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 4.37.02 PM.png
    391 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Thanks for the post! This solved most of my audio issues. However, I'm having trouble fixing the gain reset on reboot. When in terminal every time I get to 'nano sudo Info.plist' a black screen comes up. Also when I searched for the VoodooHDA.kext I couldn't find it in the extensions folder. Any suggestions as to what I'm missing?

When I do these commands they don't seem to work right. I attached a couple screenshots showing what it is doing. It's just blank for the commands.

Edit: I was able to get this changed and its working great now. I had to do it a different way by copying the kext to the desktop then editing the plist and using kextbeast to put it back into the extensions folder. Thanks for the guide!

Hello, I'm having the same issue right now. How did you solve it? I can't seem to find the VoodooHDA.kext anywhere.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back