RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I upgraded to Sierra a few days ago, all is working, audio, usb,ethernet etc.
The only issue is that when i try to shut down, after a few seconds it restart.
I've been searching thru the forum, but so far nothing has solved the problem.
Of course i i have selected fix shutdown in config. and also Halt enabler, wake on lan is disabled in Bios.
I am on 10.12.1.
Any help or suggestion would be much appreciated.
I have attached copy of Ioreg. and my clover folder.

Attachments

• bobizet.zip
    657.8 KB · Views: 131
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 124
When you next click shutdown or restart right click on Finder and you might see it say "Not Responding" click Relaunch and then it shuts down or restarts. Hope this helps.

I have found Finder to freeze quite a lot on Sierra on shutdown or restart, not sure why but this gets me rebooted.

When you next click shutdown or restart right click on Finder and you might see it say "Not Responding" click Relaunch and then it shuts down or restarts. Hope this helps.

I have found Finder to freeze quite a lot on Sierra on shutdown or restart, not sure why but this gets me rebooted.

Thanks for taking the time to respond mitchellk, but when i click on shut down the screen goes dark immediately,and then after a few seconds the computer restarts...

Ah ok, that's a completely different problem altogether. Sounds like it's getting itself into a panic over something. Have you checked your system.log messages to see if anything got logged before it did that ??
I just checked System-log but i don't know what to look for...
attached is pic of log at the exact time i hit shut down, maybe you can see something..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 9.48.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 9.48.36 AM.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 728
I just checked System-log but i don't know what to look for...
attached is pic of log at the exact time i hit shut down, maybe you can see something..

From that bit of log all I can think of is that perhaps your audio or video driver is crashing at shutdown. Try booting once with nv_disable=1 when you get to desktop try shutdown or restart and see if still happens.

From that bit of log all I can think of is that perhaps your audio or video driver is crashing at shutdown. Try booting once with nv_disable=1 when you get to desktop try shutdown or restart and see if still happens.
Ok, when i select nv_disable=1 in clover at boot up, it shuts down sometime, and sometime it restart..perhaps
should i try older web drivers?
It seems that there is something there..I would i disable audio to see if maybe it is crashing at shut down?
Thanks for checking on me.

Thanks, here it is.

1. Go to System Preferences >> Energy Saver
2. Uncheck Wake For Ethernet Access
3. Open Terminal, Type "sudo shutdown -h now" (without quotes)
4. Check whether the system is getting rebooted or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back