Contribute
Register

[Solved] Sierra Installation: Dell PC5000 Embedded PC (Skylake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The system is an embedded PC from Dell running the Skylake I7-6820EQ with 16 Gig RAM and 128 Gig SSD, and I'm using the embedded HD530 intel graphics through an HDMI interface.

It's an interesting system that with it's fan-less design I thought would make an excellent MacOSx headless server, and I already own it.

Following the standard guide here

I'm currently stuck at the initial boot to the Installation Screen, -v shows:

Creating RAM Disk for /var/log

Any suggestions to help get me going? I'd like to at least make it to the installation screen....

P.S. Not clear on how, but I did make it once to the installation once, however the SSD that is installed did not show up in Disk Utility. (SATA is configured for AHCI).

Last edited:
So I was able to get the system to an Installation Screen, (I believe maxmem=4096 was key). However the problem I have now is Disk Utility is only showing me my USB FOB. Meaning I don't see my drive as an available install target.

I see in another post near mine on the he forum a similar issue is reported. I'll take a look and see if adding that kext will address this problem for me.

It seems the key here was disabling C3-States in the BIOS and Injecting Intel for the HD 530.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back