CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello everyone!
I'm trying to install Sierra on my laptop, but no success. It gets stuck at different stages. It always passes the verbose screen, therefore I can't tell the reason why it gets stuck. Sometimes it passes the logo screen and gets stuck on the grey screen with nothing but mouse cursor on it, or sometimes it freezes at logo screen with progress bar. Once it got as far as to language picker, but no further. I've checked all the guides provided for this installation but still can't figure it out. What could be the problem? Any help will be appreciated.

Hello everyone!
I'm trying to install Sierra on my laptop, but no success. It gets stuck at different stages. It always passes the verbose screen, therefore I can't tell the reason why it gets stuck. Sometimes it passes the logo screen and gets stuck on the grey screen with nothing but mouse cursor on it, or sometimes it freezes at logo screen with progress bar. Once it got as far as to language picker, but no further. I've checked all the guides provided for this installation but still can't figure it out. What could be the problem? Any help will be appreciated.
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Account details and signature were updated.
I solved the issue myself. Sorry for not updating this thread.
In future will do proper Problem Reporting but sometimes some guides not quite easy to understand.

In future will do proper Problem Reporting but sometimes some guides not quite easy to understand.

Your profile is missing screen resolution. Please fix as clearly requested in the FAQ.

What did you do to solve the issue? I am getting a Lenovo Flex 4 14" with an intel core i5-7200U and HD620 today. Just looking for issues to expect.

Basically, what I had to do was just boot with one core. Of corse it didnt fix the issue I was having but helped to advance in OS installation. But the issue was with not having proper kexts in Clover folders. Just make sure you have the right ones for your configuration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back