Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASROCK z97 Pro4
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
AMD R290
Hey everyone,

I have finally decided to put OSX on my Desktop. I don't game very much anymore, and my company has given me a MBP, and I've fallen in love with it, so I am ready to convert.

Seems as though people have had plenty of luck with this MoBo / CPU / Ram Combo in the past, and I've followed multiple guides but I am unable to get it to even boot to the installer.

I am running a R9 290 (non x) card - I see that that has some potential issues within Sierra.

I've tried the following:

1. OSX to USB(32GB Stick) - No upgraded kexts
a. No options (just the defaults: dart=0 nv_disable=1 )
b. dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v
c. dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v -x
d. dart=0 nv_disable=1 -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes Darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=0
e. all combinations + maxmem=8192

Even removed the additional ram sticks, lowering it from a 32GB system to a 16GB system, as I've read that has caused issues.

I am attempting to try on another USB stick, as I am concerned that there is something wonky with that stick. Wondering if anyone sees any glaring issues with this, that I may be missing. I've also read some people say that the injectATI stuff worked for that card, so this time around I may mess with that flag as well.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for the warm welcome.

I'll be damned if my hunch wasn't right. OSX installing now without a hitch with another USB Stick. USB Stick goes in the trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back