Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave Freezes completely when playing video in Safari - HD4600/4400

Status
Not open for further replies.
This works for me as well! There was an outdated "IntelGraphicsFixup" kext in Library/Extensions, I just deleted that one and replaced it with WhateverGreen.kext and it fixed the freezing issue on Safari! Thanks a lot! Btw, is there a way to automatically update kexts or do I have to manually do it. Thanks.

Hi Froxt,
As far as I know there is no automatic way to update kexts but nothing stops you from making your own bash shell script to check for updates, download and install kexts if you have scripting skills.

I'm glad my post helped you fix this annoying issue :)

Sorry, my bad! Thanks for the correction, @Adrian B :) In that case @ConteMario, please send me all "Problem Reporting" files as stated at the bottom of Rehabman's FAQ page:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

You can also use the script provided there to automatically collect all needed data (in fact, I would prefer and recommend that you do that).

The problem is not created by a kext, but it is created by the JAVA script. If I disable Java Safari does not freeze anymore (but of course I cannot see videos). Anyway thanks for the answers.

The problem is not created by a kext, but it is created by the JAVA script. If I disable Java Safari does not freeze anymore (but of course I cannot see videos). Anyway thanks for the answers.
Sorry, my bad! Thanks for the correction, @Adrian B :) In that case @ConteMario, please send me all "Problem Reporting" files as stated at the bottom of Rehabman's FAQ page:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

You can also use the script provided there to automatically collect all needed data (in fact, I would prefer and recommend that you do that).
So after following the suggestion of @Adrian B with no results for weeks of try, I did follow the suggestion of @hellotheremac. Just I placed a video card (an old one) and after few minutes les jeux sont faits. Video working perfectly for all applications

SOLUTION FOR SIERRA 10.12.6

I think you're using an outdated kext. Just use Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext (IntelGraphicsFixup was merged with WhateverGreen) and it should fix any freezing you have. Also double-check your ig-platform-id and the framebuffer properties in Clover to make sure they are the correct ones for your hardware: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-intel-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-on-yosemite.145427/

Remove any KextsToPatch patches that you may have in Clover which are related to graphics and don't use the one that you mentioned (since fixes for this problem are included in the WhateverGreen.kext). The injection of your hardware ids, FakePCIID-IntelHDGraphics.kext (not spelled exactly - from Rehabman) and WhateverGreen + Lilu should give you a fully working configuration.

Hope this helps and please reply to let others know if it worked for you.

EDIT: make sure to properly rebuild your kextcache after you copy the kexts to /Library/Extensions. If the kextcache output from the command "kextcache -i /" says omitted anywhere it means that you need to repair your permissions first with the following two commands:

Thanks! That`s worked best for me! All i have done is everything you write in manual/
- delete patches is clover, even framebufer or fake id
- delete old lot of kexts and install Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext and FakePCIID_IntelHDGraphics.kext

P.S. Sierra 10.12.6 The glitches during loading was gone. And video also as everithing working fine in safari!

Thanks

Hi, Ive scanned through the threads and apologies if I missed the solution.

My issues is with videos or side-ads showing in Safari making the screen producing a static screen/screen fuzz and flicking back and forth to that and the normal desktop. When I close the tab involved, the issue stops. A good example of a tab that does this is on TomsGuide :

Once I scroll down, and when google "video ads" load up, it starts turning the entire screen to static. Closing the tab, it stops. So I figure its this issue or a variant off it.

Im on High Sierra latest version, migrating to Mojave shortly, and using the latest NVIDIA drivers. I do notice that on boot up the same static screen shows just before the login screen (this is normal behaviour for the HP8300 build I thought). Im on a GT710, basically card but had not problems previously.

Any suggestions welcome, not really sure how I should tweak this to fix the issue. Its kinda random currently but worried its an indication of something deeper that needs fixing.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back