Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Sierra HiDPI scaling issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say thanks to @Keeskaas for helping me get a retina res of 2048x1152 working on my hackintosh with my HD530 iGPU .

The new Whatevergreen.kext has changed the way you patch ig-platform-id, so I had to add this to config.plist (under Devices -> Properties) to change it to 0x19260002:
Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
        <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
        <data>AgAmGQ==</data>
</dict>
Next boot after patching, 4096x2304 (and therefore 2048x1152 retina) resolutions became available to me (I'm using a 27" Dell monitor with native 2560 x 1440 resolution):

This is also working on the Mojave beta, after adding a Display Override Plist, using the generator here: https://comsysto.github.io/Display-...or-with-HiDPI-Support-For-Scaled-Resolutions/

More info on Intel Framebuffer patching with Whatevergreen.kext here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/

Last edited:
Hi! I am trying it on a HP Elitedesk 800 G2 Mini but cannot get it to work :(

I have changed ig-platform-id correctly in config.plist:
<key>Properties</key>
<dict>
<dict>
<data>
AgAmGQ==
</data>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>
EhkAAA==
</data>
</dict>

EDID Override is working correctly, but I only get 1080p HIDPI and 4K native only.

Could you help me? Thank you!

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2018-10-22 a las 23.41.15.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-10-22 a las 23.41.15.png
    670.5 KB · Views: 153
Just wanted to say thanks to @Keeskaas for helping me get a retina res of 2048x1152 working on my hackintosh with my HD530 iGPU .

The new Whatevergreen.kext has changed the way you patch ig-platform-id, so I had to add this to config.plist (under Devices -> Properties) to change it to 0x19260002:
Code:
<dict>
        <data>AgAmGQ==</data>
</dict>
Next boot after patching, 4096x2304 (and therefore 2048x1152 retina) resolutions became available to me (I'm using a 27" Dell monitor with native 2560 x 1440 resolution):
Could you, please, post your config.plist file? My Dell 3040 Micro with 6500T max out only at 2732x1536 resolution.

Could you, please, post your config.plist file? My Dell 3040 Micro with 6500T max out only at 2732x1536 resolution.
@tqbinh - Hi, apologies for the late reply - I've been away from home for the past week.

Regarding your request to post my config file - my PC has been upgraded since I made that post, so I think my current config wouldn't be relevant to your computer.

What I can do is attach some screenshots to this post, showing what you need to do in Clover Configurator and/or Xcode to make these changes to your config.plist.

Also, be aware, that although your 6500T CPU uses the same HD530 iGPU as my old PC, I don't know if this will work on your Dell - so YMMV :) Pics in the spoilers below: (Edits: for grammar).

Last edited:
@tqbinh - Hi, apologies for the late reply - I've been away from home for the past week.
Regarding your request to post my config file - my PC has been upgraded since I made that post, so I think my current config wouldn't be relevant to your computer.
What I can do is attach some screenshots to this post, showing what you need to do in Clover Configurator and/or Xcode to make these changes to your config.plist.
Also, be aware, that although your 6500T CPU uses the same HD530 iGPU as my old PC, I don't know if this will work on your Dell - so YMMV :) Pics in the spoilers below:
Thank you for your support.
I tried your solution but still no success.
Then I tried the "last possible" solution: change DVMT value (0x350 to 0x3 in my case, Dell 3040 micro) instead of using IntelGraphicDVMTFixup / Evergreen kext, and, voila, 4K as well as high resolution of HiDPI mode come back!

@tqbinh - Hi, that's great to hear! It's great when you find the fix to a problem you're facing. Thank you for the update, and for sharing your solution :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back