Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave Freezes completely when playing video in Safari - HD4600/4400

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guide is incorrect. Never a good idea to inject by the Bootloader apple doesn't.

I don't understand: Are you meaning that the kext should have be installed in S/L/E and not in the Clover EFI Partition? Why?

By the way, I noticed that if I install the kext in EFI…/Others the kext, sometimes, are not loaded, but with EFI…/10.24 it works always.

Last edited:
What I would do, delete the ones you put on your 10.12, restart and put this three in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12 and restart. If that doesn't fix your problems then I don't know what else to tell you because this fixed it for me.
Unzip the attached file to get the three kexts

I'm going to try that. I hope the system boots up, because yesterday I had a hard time disablink lilu and shiki from clover bootloader in order to be able to start the system. Especially since -x flag doesn't permit mounting the EFI partition on my system (missing DOS drivers or kext or whatever).

*EDIT*

IT ****ING WOOOORKSSS!!!!! WOOOOOT WHAT THE!!!! THANK YOUUUU OMG!!!! THANK YOOOOUUUUUU

I owe you one.

I don't understand: Are you meaning that the kext should have be installed in S/L/E and not in the Clover EFI Partition? Why?

By the way, I noticed that if I install the kext in EFI…/Others the kext, sometimes, are not loaded, but with EFI…/10.24 it works always.
Same here, when I install the kexts in L/E or S/L/E(which I shouldn't but I tried anyways) the kexts don't do anything. When I install then on Others it works some times. Only in 10.12.4 they work all the time

Last edited:
I'm going to try that. I hope the system boots up, because yesterday I had a hard time disablink lilu and shiki from clover bootloader in order to be able to start the system. Especially since -x flag doesn't permit mounting the EFI partition on my system (missing DOS drivers or kext or whatever).

*EDIT*

IT ******* WOOOORKSSS!!!!! WOOOOOT WHAT THE!!!! THANK YOUUUU OMG!!!! THANK YOOOOUUUUUU

I owe you one.
Lol thanks @hemon he posted th solution right away when I found out the older one was not working after 10.12.4 update.

All kexts goes in L/E 10.11+. Kexts that goes in EFI/Clover/kexts/other are only for the recovery partition or installs.

I got it from this same threat, page 5 second post.

So what I have to do is change those values in "find" and "replace" for the ones you gave me correct?

No, don't use that patch anymore, it was replaced with this new one.

I get kernel panic's now when I run DiskWarrior on a partition, never happened before 10.12.4. Wondering if it's this modification or 10.12.4? If somebody could test it, it would be nice. My option now is to just run DiskWarrior from an external drive that has El Capitan on it and of course it all works.

UPDATE: All 3 kexts have been updated by the developer, I re-tried DW and no more KP's. :headbang:
Could be a coincidence but it's very unlikely since my system was not changed in any way.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/intelgraphicsfixup/

https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases

https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki/releases

It seems to be working with the three kexts. No more freezes with Twitter and Safari. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back