Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave Freezes completely when playing video in Safari - HD4600/4400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z97-Pro Gamer
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX1080 / HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there, I and some other users are experiencing this issue where I have Intel HD graphics acceleration but when I try to play a video on something like OneDrive, the whole system freezes and a small portion of the sound repeats over and over. Once it freezes, it needs to be restarted but even the restart button on the case doesn't help.. Only holding down the power button does. It's so weird. Suprisingly YouTube works fine. The reason why I am using Safari is because it has good gestures for the Apple Magic Trackpad. Thanks!

For a solution to this issue: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-sierra-high-sierra-mojave-freezes-completely-when-playing-video-in-safari-hd4600-4400.202540/page-16#post-1816150

Last edited:
Hi there, I and some other users are experiencing this issue where I have Intel HD graphics acceleration but when I try to play a video on something like OneDrive, the whole system freezes and a small portion of the sound repeats over and over. Once it freezes, it needs to be restarted but even the restart button on the case doesn't help.. Only holding down the power button does. It's so weird. Suprisingly YouTube works fine. The reason why I am using Safari is because it has good gestures for the Apple Magic Trackpad. Thanks!
Common problem even in real macs.

I have the exact same issue. Right now I'm using a combination of Chrome and Safari as a workaround, and the system is stable that way. Strangely I have a real 2011 MacBook Pro, and don't have any problems at all with it.

Same issue here. Safari randomly freezes the entire system. Only happening since Sierra upgrade. I've tried deleting caches and history as suggested elsewhere, but no joy. I can replicate it by going to one particular web page every time.

Workaround for me is to use Chrome, which seems to be working flawlessly so far (I've been running it all day).

Other than that, no issues whatsoever with the Sierra upgrade.

the problem is with safari. And it`s not isolated to HD intel. I have AMD r9 280 and i still have this issue. from now i+m using firefox as a workaround but i want to go back to safari.

Thanks for all the input guys. I opened this thread so we can hopefully try to determine what the problem is. I hope Apple is working on a fix for this very quickly because it's very annoying especially for Plex.

One question, how many of you have Adobe Flash Player installed? Just trying to see if maybe Flash is the problem however I don't think it will be as Plex uses an HTML5 Player as well afaik and still freezes. Maybe it has something to do with a certain codec but Chrome plays Plex videos just fine. So weird. I guess we're stuck with Chrome/Firefox...

Thanks for all the input guys. I opened this thread so we can hopefully try to determine what the problem is. I hope Apple is working on a fix for this very quickly because it's very annoying especially for Plex.

One question, how many of you have Adobe Flash Player installed? Just trying to see if maybe Flash is the problem however I don't think it will be as Plex uses an HTML5 Player as well afaik and still freezes. Maybe it has something to do with a certain codec but Chrome plays Plex videos just fine. So weird. I guess we're stuck with Chrome/Firefox...

I do not have Flash installed. Flash is not the problem

Yeah. i thought it was flash but it`s not. If someone find a solution please let me know. I don`t have a IG enabled and i still get this freeze when watching videos. i have AMD R9 280. It work perfectly on El Capitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back