2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. Performa
  5. Plus
  6. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi to everyone.

I wanted to do a clean-install of Sierra on my z68x-ud3h-b3. Almost everything is working, except the network. The system configuration network tool says "cable not plugged" (and of course the cable IS plugged, it's working with Windows 10 and with my old Yosemite install).

Any ideas ?

(secondary question : i'm not really sure clean-install are necessary, but my Yosemite install feels slow-down to me... perhaps just a placebo effect ? Should i consider upgrade over clean-install ?)

Any ideas ?
Try this manual procedure:

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download the kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed restart.

Thanks for your quick answer. After i tried the KextBeast procedure, the system said the Kext was "not valid and should be updated" before i could do the terminal command. I did the term command anyway. After the reboot, i don't have my network interface anymore in the system preferences :(

EDIT : finally it works. The first time, I downloaded a wrong archive from github, I don't know why. Problem solved. Thanks you :)

Last edited:
I downloaded a wrong archive from github, I don't know why.
There was no requirement to download anything from GitHub, the download link was provided for you in Post #2.

Marked solved.

Try this manual procedure:

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download the kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed restart.
Hi
i want to thank you!
it works!!!!!
cheers , like!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back