i7 4790K
Graphics
Intel Graphics (i7)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi.

I have a MSI z97 mATX Gaming 5, i7 4790K, 16GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz. I have installed the version 10.12.5 and everything works fine (no high res video playback, but this is a thread for another topic).

I have created the boot stick using the uniBeast software for Sierra version, everything worked correctly. Then I have installed the multiBeast to configure the system. Everything is working fine with the USB stick plugged in. The system has been created using UEFI configuration. The installation of the MultiBeast was with the stick plugged in.

If I remove the stick, the boot doesn't happen, it gets stuck on a UEFI screen. I did some research of the EFI on EFI, usb(disk1s1) partition and I discovered that only the USB stick has the folder CLOVER and BOOT and a file o CLOVER logs. Inside the EFI on EFI, Sierra..., it only contains the folder EFI.

rCI47Cn.png

My MultiBeast configuration is attached, take a look if you want.

If I start the system without the USB stick, this happens:

d4JJIVf.jpg

Thank you!

Attachments

• sierra_z97m.mb
    5 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Everything is working fine with the USB stick plugged in.
If I remove the stick, the boot doesn't happen, it gets stuck on a UEFI screen.
Copy the EFI folder of your USB installer drive to the desktop, now mount the EFI partition of your hard drive, find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the hard drive and replace it with the one you copied from the usb drive

Hi.

I have a MSI z97 mATX Gaming 5, i7 4790K, 16GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz. I have installed the version 10.12.5 and everything works fine (no high res video playback, but this is a thread for another topic).

I have created the boot stick using the uniBeast software for Sierra version, everything worked correctly. Then I have installed the multiBeast to configure the system. Everything is working fine with the USB stick plugged in. The system has been created using UEFI configuration. The installation of the MultiBeast was with the stick plugged in.

If I remove the stick, the boot doesn't happen, it gets stuck on a UEFI screen. I did some research of the EFI on EFI, usb(disk1s1) partition and I discovered that only the USB stick has the folder CLOVER and BOOT and a file o CLOVER logs. Inside the EFI on EFI, Sierra..., it only contains the folder EFI.

rCI47Cn.png

My MultiBeast configuration is attached, take a look if you want.

If I start the system without the USB stick, this happens:

d4JJIVf.jpg

Thank you!
The installation of the MultiBeast was with the stick plugged in.
This step is a problem prone one.
When you try to run Multibeast to install UEFI(or Lgacy) in Quick Start, in the "Select Install Drive" step one can overlook to select the System Disk from the drop down box if default drive at that time happens to be the "Sierra Installer" disk. If Clover EFI bootloader is not installed on the System disk , it cannot boot on its own.
The uploaded image can show the step where error can happen.

Another problem even in Clover EFI installed on the System disk, is improper config.plist for the disk to complete proper booting.

If I remove the stick, the boot doesn't happen, it gets stuck on a UEFI screen
The Sierra USB Installer disk has all the files needed to boot to installation screen and can help the System disk to reach the Login Screen and Desktop.

only the USB stick has the folder CLOVER and BOOT and a file o CLOVER logs.

Unibeast installer installs "Sierra System files+Clover EFI bootloader" on the Diskutility Partitioned and Formatted Flash disk .

Inside the EFI on EFI, Sierra..., it only contains the folder EFI.
If you have opened the EFI folder of your Sierra System disk after its EFI Partition was mounted and you navigated via EFI>EFI and did not see CLOVER and its Sub-folders and config.plist , CLOVER EFI Bootloader was not installed on the disk by Multibeast (for reason stated above.).

Whenever you install the system on a hard disk using Sierra USB Installer, in the Disk Utility step, it will create EFI Partition and a blank EFI folder. Then it installs the OS on the HDD but NOT the CLOVER EFI Bootloader on the HDD. That needs a special Step later made easier by the Multibeast that is pasted on the Competed Sierra USB Installer. You can copy and paste the Mulribeast from the USB Installer on to the newly created Sierra System's desktop and launch to install Multibeast on the System Hard disk.
When you run Multibeast 9.1.0 >Quick Start and choose UEFI, the bootloader (CLOVER r4063) will then be installed in the EFI Folder of EFI Partition. If you miss the last step of selecting the target drive as the HDD , it will have an Empty EFI folder.

Attachments

• Multibeast Insrtall on Sierra System HDD.png
    Multibeast Insrtall on Sierra System HDD.png
    91 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Solved! Thank you very much!

Hi,
For some reason, even when I have a fat32 EFI partition with all the required files and config there, I can't see an EFI: option for clover in my EFI (GA-B85-D3H). As if the motherboard ignores it or doesn't see it. I can obviously use the clover on the usb just fine, but that is not a perfect solution.

Hi,
For some reason, even when I have a fat32 EFI partition with all the required files and config there, I can't see an EFI: option for clover in my EFI (GA-B85-D3H). As if the motherboard ignores it or doesn't see it. I can obviously use the clover on the usb just fine, but that is not a perfect solution.

I am not sure if I understood you right.
If your problem is an inability to boot with the System disk all by itself and a constant need to use your "USB installer disk" to reach CLOVER Boot Manager Screen and then from CBM screen switch to the "System disk", see if the steps listed here will help> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-sierra-need-help-please.228858/#post-1557100

I am not sure if I understood you right.
If your problem is an inability to boot with the System disk all by itself and a constant need to use your "USB installer disk" to reach CLOVER Boot Manager Screen and then from CBM screen switch to the "System disk", see if the steps listed here will help> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-sierra-need-help-please.228858/#post-1557100
Thanks for the fast reply!
I have already mounted the EFI properly, but on the mother-board options I don't have the option to boot from EFI.
The UEFI (Bios)is set correctly.

Thanks for the fast reply!
I have already mounted the EFI properly, but on the mother-board options I don't have the option to boot from EFI.
Please provide all your hardware SPECS.[Motherboard|CPU|Graphics]
Edit your "Personal details" and enter the SPECS in the appropriate boxes on that page.
If you click the "Human "icon shown toward the RIGHT end of the Top Menu bar of this Forum page , you can navigate through "Personal Details" to the boxes to fill. The "Forum Rules" are strict here and dictates the edited profile for all those who post and respond:)
Edited to add the following :
mother-board options I don't have the option to boot from EFI.
You need to make your target UEFI disk first in the "......BBS Priorities" menu
If you have done that and still face the same problem of your UEFI HDD not at the top on the Boot Sequence, then you have to do a BIOS Reset . The CMOS must have become corrupt by multiple attempted Shutdown/reboots etc . Press F7 to reset BIOS and then re-Enter all options.
If that fails do Clear CMOS on the Motherboard.

I found your MoBo name scrolling up to your first post and located the page related to "Boot Option Priorities:' from Gigabyte Search.
To get faster help, please provide screen shots and other images to support and supplement your text responses.

Attachments

• Boot Option Priorities_BBS.png
    Boot Option Priorities_BBS.png
    189.2 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Sorry, I was in such a hurry to fix this I didn't even think of updating my info.
I fixed the boot up problem.
I'll open a new thread with the post installation problems.

Thanks again!

Sorry, I was in such a hurry to fix this I didn't even think of updating my info.
I fixed the boot up problem.
I'll open a new thread with the post installation problems.

Thanks again!
Great. Glad you could cross the first hurdle in the installation.
Yeah, it is good to start your own thread afresh.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back