GA-P55A-UD3
CPU
X3470
Graphics
GTX 770
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Guys,
I'm trying to solve this problem for weeks now. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.

The problem:
I want to undervolt my cpu and reduce RAM speed, but whenever I reboot or shutdown out of Mac OS, my CPU voltage goes to auto as well a RAM multiplier. Under Windows everything work as expected, even after reboot and shutdown. I tried playing around with clover fixes/options etc. and changed my system definitions and smbios a couple of times with no success.

My hackintosh:
G-P55A-UD3 rev.2 with F11 bios
Xeon X3470
Using DSDT from tonymac.

Long story short - I'm looking for a way to prevent Sierra and or Clover from setting my cpu voltage, ram multiplier and qpi voltage to AUTO.

Last edited:
I was not aware the Clover could even set options related to cpu voltages, ram multipliers and things of that nature. Your problem might be in the BIOS. Perhaps the MB is not remembering your settings. Is the battery still good?

Clover also messes with my voltages on a Gigabyte P55-USB3.

I had no issues with this on clover v3923 and earlier running Sierra all the way up to 10.12.6 (although I never bothered to get sleep and the on-board USB3 working).

Just updated Clover to the latest version to be able to install High Sierra. And now it messes with my cpu voltage, qpi voltage, and ram multiplier etc. at reboot or shutdown/boot, setting it to auto. I'm on a vanilla install with the latest "essential" kexts and smbios for macpro 5,1 btw.

Very frustrating as it increases my cpu temperatures by about 15-20 degrees Celsius, making the fans speed up significantly.

I have tried to find a solution to this problem for some time now. I could find other posts complaining about the same issue on Gigabyte P55 boards but nobody seems to have a solution.

This issue will pretty much keep me from upgrading to High Sierra, hence I'm eager to find a fix. Maybe manually patching my dsdt or posting a bug report on insanlymac "clover bug/issue report"?

Last edited:
Clover also messes with my voltages on a Gigabyte P55-USB3.

I had no issues with this on clover v3923 and earlier running Sierra all the way up to 10.12.6 (although I never bothered to get sleep and the on-board USB3 working).

Just updated Clover to the latest version to be able to install High Sierra. And now it messes with my cpu voltage, qpi voltage, and ram multiplier etc. at reboot or shutdown/boot, setting it to auto. I'm on a vanilla install with the latest "essential" kexts and smbios for macpro 5,1 btw.

Very frustrating as it increases my cpu temperatures by about 15-20 degrees Celsius, making the fans speed up significantly.

I have tried to find a solution to this problem for some time now. I could find other posts complaining about the same issue on Gigabyte P55 boards but nobody seems to have a solution.

This issue will pretty much keep me from upgrading to High Sierra, hence I'm eager to find a fix. Maybe manually patching my dsdt or posting a bug report on insanlymac "clover bug/issue report"?

I just tried v3923 and the situation is the same. :( Everything is pretty much the same as you described. I'll try a few other older clover versions to see if it makes any difference, but I really feel like beating a dead horse.

Maybe it wasn't v3923, let me check again tomorrow! Imo still not a viable solution though as we will not be able to upgrade to newer versions of macOS, ever!

Hey djneba,

I was able to stop Clover from messing with my voltage settings!

I believe the Kext Patch 'AppleRTC' does not work properly with some boards. It is supposed to patch the 'applertc.kext' inside your macOS install to keep it from messing with your BIOS settings.

So I disabled the patch using Clover Configurator (uncheck under Kernel and Kext Patches).

Beware though, because after your next reboot your BIOS settings will most likely get completely reset (not just voltages, think factory reset.)!

Ok, now we really need to fix the RTC issue:

You will need to extract your board's DSDT and apply RehabMan's 'system_RTC' patch to it using MaciASL. Then put the patched DSDT.aml inside EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.

This did the trick for me, hope it will work for you too!

Let me know if you need more detailed instructions on how to do the DSDT patching, I'm still learning how to do this myself, but maybe I will be able to help.

Hey djneba,

I believe the Kext Patch 'AppleRTC' does not work properly with some boards. It is supposed to patch the 'applertc.kext' inside your macOS install to keep it from messing with your BIOS settings.

So I disabled the patch using Clover Configurator (uncheck under Kernel and Kext Patches).

Beware though, because after your next reboot your BIOS settings will most likely get completely reset (not just voltages, think factory reset.)!

You will need to extract your board's DSDT and apply RehabMan's 'system_RTC' patch to it using MaciASL. Then put the patched DSDT.aml inside EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.

Let me know if you need more detailed instructions on how to do the DSDT patching, I'm still learning how to do this myself, but maybe I will be able to help.
Wow! I'll give it a shot tomorrow! Please stay around as I might need a little help. And thank you so much for helping out I was about to give up. I did some experiments with AppleRtc because I figured it was the only component that would mess with cmos, but couldn't find a way to fix it. Now there's finally some hope.

Hey djneba,

COULD YOU PLEASE ELABORATE. I AM ALSO HAVING THE BIOS REST ISSUE PLEASE HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back