i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I'm trying to install El Capitan 10.11.3 on my PC, but it always stuck at the boot of the setup.

This is my configuration:
  • MB: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5
  • CPU: Skylake i7 6700K
  • RAM: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
  • Disk: Samsung 950 Pro (NVME) and Samsung 850 Evo (SATA)
  • Video Card: Asus Strix GTX 970

I've already tried different Clover configuration (following these threads: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/179221-skylake-starter-guide.html and https://infernus.org/hackintosh-3-skyfall-h-h-h-hlake/) without luck. My boot always stuck with a stop logo like this:

no-512.png

And the console dump is glitched (last thing written is: iobluetoothhcicontroller missing bluetooth controller transport)

You can find my Clover config.plst in attachment. As you can see I've put the "nv_disable=1 -v" in the boot parameters, I've also tried to use "GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No", but I got always the same issue. :banghead:

Does anyone have a similar configuration? Could you help me?

Thank you.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
[?] Setup hangs on stop icon

Hello,

I'm trying to install El Capitan 10.11.3 on my PC, but it always stuck at the boot of the setup.

This is my configuration:
  • MB: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5
  • CPU: Skylake i7 6700K
  • RAM: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
  • Disk: Samsung 950 Pro (NVME) and Samsung 850 Evo (SATA)
  • Video Card: Asus Strix GTX 970

I've already tried different Clover configuration (following these threads: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/179221-skylake-starter-guide.html and [URLhttps://infernus.org/hackintosh-3-skyfall-h-h-h-hlake/[/URL]) without luck. My boot always stuck with a stop logo like this:

View attachment 175790

And the console dump is glitched (last thing written is: iobluetoothhcicontroller missing bluetooth controller transport)

You can find my Clover config.plst in attachment. As you can see I've put the "nv_disable=1 -v" in the boot parameters, I've also tried to use "GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No", but I got always the same issue. :banghead:

Does anyone have a similar configuration? Could you help me?

Thank you.
Try setting inject nvidia to false(untick it in clover configurator)

Thank you for the reply!

I've tried to disable InjectNvidia in the config.plist:
Code:
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>NvidiaSingle</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>

But I got again the same issue.
This is the screen that I get:
IMG_20160207_212313.jpg

And after few seconds it turns as the following:
IMG_20160207_212320.jpg

What is wrong in my config.plist?

Thank you.

Thank you for the reply!

I've tried to disable InjectNvidia in the config.plist:
Code:
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>NvidiaSingle</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>

But I got again the same issue.
This is the screen that I get:
View attachment 175858

And after few seconds it turns as the following:
View attachment 175859

What is wrong in my config.plist?

Thank you.
The only obvious thing i see is 2 HDAS to HDEF entries in ACPI/DSDT that appear to be the same, your second screen shot is unreadable to me can you read the last couple of lines?.

Yes, the last screenshot is pretty unreadable since it turns very glitched, I can guess that in the last line is written: "Still waiting on root device", but I am not sure at 100%.

Ah... I forgot to mention that I have also a TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Wi-Fi card installed in one PCI slot, I don't know if it could cause some issues.

Thank you.

Yes, the last screenshot is pretty unreadable since it turns very glitched, I can guess that in the last line is written: "Still waiting on root device", but I am not sure at 100%.
Thats what I thought, means not seeing boot device.You have already increased the port limit, this normally
means at least one usb port should be working...try USB Install from all ports and see if one will boot thru. Also make sure Bios is set to UEFI and use F? to select UEFI USB Install drive.Keep inject nvidia as false
and keep using nv_disable=1 with graphics card installed untill web drivers can be installed.

Thanks a lot, while you were writing me I read another post that was suggesting to try other USB port and it turned out that was the problem! So, you guessed right, I should change the USB port! :clap:

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back