Contribute
Register

[Solved] Security Update 2017-003 El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the speedy response RehabMan - That looks like what I need to do - however I don’t know how you apply the Patch? Apologies for being unaware of the procedures involved, this is the 1st major problem I’ve had with my hackintosh. Thanks once again.

Download CLOVERX64.efi attached to the below post

Pinned post here too:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-10-11-6-security-update-2017-003.228983/
Mount your EFI and replace the the ones at

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/CLOVERX64.efi
and
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi (i just changed name of downloaded file from CLOVERX64.efi to BOOTX64.efi and replaced)

Edit: Ahh do what Rehabman said - download new clover!

Yay! it worked! RehabMan / Duffloop - You are absolute stars! Thank you so much :clap::thumbup:

I updated security update 2017-003 rather late, and got into this reboot problem.
It seems to be this problem is solved for everybody but I still can't figure out.

Mount your EFI and replace the the ones at

I can't even boot to El Capitan, so how can I mount EFI? I see the clover boot options and there's no "mounting EFI" option as far as I can see. This is the first hackintosh I built last year and simply followed the guide in the forum so I know very little when it comes to problem solving.

Any help would be appreciated.

I updated security update 2017-003 rather late, and got into this reboot problem.
It seems to be this problem is solved for everybody but I still can't figure out.

I can't even boot to El Capitan, so how can I mount EFI? I see the clover boot options and there's no "mounting EFI" option as far as I can see. This is the first hackintosh I built last year and simply followed the guide in the forum so I know very little when it comes to problem solving.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can use Linux to mount EFI.
Replace the files there with the fix in this thread, then boot your hackintosh normally.

Last edited:
Forgive me for not knowing this...but how do I use Linux to mount the EFI? I followed the link and I don't see the answer to that question. We can't reach the BIOS at all, only the Clover screen.

but how do I use Linux to mount the EFI?

I assume you know how to access terminal and make yourself root in linux (or use sudo). You need to do cat /proc/partitions to see all your partitions. See there a partition of maybe 200 MB in size. Now you need to have an empty directory to do the mount. Then, as root, you type maybe sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt (where /mnt is the chosen empty directory, as in my Ubuntu), and there you have the files on the EFI partition. Then just sudo umount /mnt when you're done.

It's also good to know how to touch things. I have done touch "This is the Hack Sierras EFI partition" there to create an empty file with that name. Now I always know what I have mounted.

funny, i'm affected too, even though i have had no problems with security updates. rolled back via time machine, it boots. install update again, clover bootloop.

i have updated to the latest (r4114) and tried to enable/disable all options related to SIP (CsrActiveConfig), even the unusual ones (other than 0x0 0x3 0x67). also the usual tricks like disable injected kexts, -x, -s etc.

what are we missing?

How did you "roll back via time machine"? I can't get it to boot at all, much less access time machine or terminal. Did you use Linux?

I assume you know how to access terminal and make yourself root in linux (or use sudo). You need to do cat /proc/partitions to see all your partitions. See there a partition of maybe 200 MB in size. Now you need to have an empty directory to do the mount. Then, as root, you type maybe sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt (where /mnt is the chosen empty directory, as in my Ubuntu), and there you have the files on the EFI partition. Then just sudo umount /mnt when you're done.

It's also good to know how to touch things. I have done touch "This is the Hack Sierras EFI partition" there to create an empty file with that name. Now I always know what I have mounted.

Thank you so much for a "Layman's Terms" response. I did what you said, but it didn't work. I appreciate your help though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back