Contribute
Register

[Solved] Security Update 2017-003 El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I've tried every value of CsrActiveConfig, both versions of OsxAptioFixDrv, and played with a few other commands.

My machine having issues (laptop) is using Intel graphics and ig-platform-id. My other machine (desktop) ran the update just fine which uses native Nvidia graphics.

funny, i'm affected too, even though i have had no problems with security updates. rolled back via time machine, it boots. install update again, clover bootloop.

i have updated to the latest (r4114) and tried to enable/disable all options related to SIP (CsrActiveConfig), even the unusual ones (other than 0x0 0x3 0x67). also the usual tricks like disable injected kexts, -x, -s etc.

what are we missing?

Last edited:
funny, i'm affected too, even though i have had no problems with security updated. rolled back via time machine, it boots. install update again, clover bootloop.

i have updated to the latest (r4114) and tried to enable/disable all options related to SIP (CsrActiveConfig), even the unusual ones (other than 0x0 0x3 0x67). also the usual tricks like disable injected kexts, -x, -s etc.

what are we missing?
The security update affects the kernel and some kexts. Since we can't get to the actual loading of MacOS, I'd assume it has something to do with the kernel (boot.efi)

The security update affects the kernel and some kexts. Since we can't get to the actual loading of MacOS, I'd assume it has something to do with the kernel (boot.efi)

my theory exactly. what i don't get is why the recovery partition works just fine. maybe that gets updated after the first reboot.. meanwhile i also tried swapping out the aptiofixdrv2 to the older one, but that didn't help either. now i'm going to try to boot from the usb stick created with a default config about half a year ago, fingers crossed.

my theory exactly. what i don't get is why the recovery partition works just fine. maybe that gets updated after the first reboot.. meanwhile i also tried swapping out the aptiofixdrv2 to the older one, but that didn't help either. now i'm going to try to boot from the usb stick created with a default config about half a year ago, fingers crossed.

UPDATE: no it doesn't boot it, same behaviour. so it's probably safe to conclude that the problem is not in our config.plist.

UPDATE: no it doesn't boot it, same behaviour. so it's probably safe to conclude that the problem is not in our config.plist.
Well, it could be a boot flag or something we are all using. My laptop (which can't boot) uses ig-platform-id for my processor (i5-4200u) whereas my desktop (which boots fine) does not require that.

I'm going to compare my config files later today when I'm in front of both machines.

EDIT:
Keep an eye on these threads for updates to people with the same issue:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/after-osxaptio-then-restart.227549/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ng-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-679 (foobaa999)

Last edited:
Well, it could be a boot flag or something we are all using. My laptop (which can't boot) uses ig-platform-id for my processor (i5-4200u) whereas my desktop (which boots fine) does not require that.

I'm going to compare my config files later today when I'm in front of both machines.

EDIT:
Keep an eye on these threads for updates to people with the same issue:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/after-osxaptio-then-restart.227549/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ng-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-679 (foobaa999)

i don't think so, i think this must be related to the kernel binary itself, because a vanilla clover config shouldn't have anything like that set. i haven't selected them from the options, that's for sure, and config.plist is unchanged from the one that the installer .pkg put on the ESP.

well i cannot go days without my main laptop, but i will install the newest os x to an external drive and continue testing when i can. thanks for the links though. if i manage to find a solution i'll post it here.

i don't think so, i think this must be related to the kernel binary itself, because a vanilla clover config shouldn't have anything like that set. i haven't selected them from the options, that's for sure, and config.plist is unchanged from the one that the installer .pkg put on the ESP.

well i cannot go days without my main laptop, but i will install the newest os x to an external drive and continue testing when i can. thanks for the links though. if i manage to find a solution i'll post it here.
Well it is odd, because it does appear that we all are having issues with laptops, so there must be a commonality.

Could it be the WiFi card or something?

EDIT: I also can boot into recovery...this is very weird.

Last edited:
Well it is odd, because it does appear that we all are having issues with laptops, so there must be a commonality.

Could it be the WiFi card or something?

EDIT: I also can boot into recovery...this is very weird.
I am on a desktop. I can boot using a previous install on a ssd, and I can read everything on my main hd, but I cannot boot from it.

You can guess why I'm here.

This update worked fine on one machine (Gigabyte Z87 mATX i7-4770K iGPU) which gave me enough confidence to break the Thinkpad X1 Carbon gen 3 (full details of EFI config in github). Quick summary: i5-5200U, 8G, settable video ram size. 2560x1440 display on eDP, so it requires the IOKit dot clock patch if Intel graphics are injected. Lenovo/Phoenix BIOS.

I get a row of plusses and a boot (loop). Currently running off an earlier drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back