Contribute
Register

[Solved] Security Update 2017-003 El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works for me here. Seems Clover is a little bit slower in boot than before.

Weird, you said: "
Without this change, you have instant reboot for those computers that need KernelPm=true due to locked CPU MSR 0xE2."

I have no reboots and indeed MSR 0xE2 locked CPU (Sandybridge i7-2670QM).

Sandy Bridge does not use XCPM, so KernelPm never applies to your hardware.

Great. Thanks for that.

10.12.6 is immune to this problem on the same hardware. Why is that?

Different KernelPm patches in Clover for 10.12.x.

I did this OS X security update yesterday & now I’m stuck in this ‘Reboot Loop’ - I get as far as the Clover Boot manager screen - a brief apple logo then it reboots & I’m back to the start again! I’ve tried combos of ‘safe/verbose/single user modes’ which go to a black screen that reels of lots of text… And then it goes to reboot again! Reading the solutions above are encouraging but I don’t know how you’re supposed to do any of them? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Intel i7-6700k @ 4.00 hz | Gigabyte Z170N Gaming 5 m/b | 16GB Ram | Samsung 850 SSD

I did this OS X security update yesterday & now I’m stuck in this ‘Reboot Loop’ - I get as far as the Clover Boot manager screen - a brief apple logo then it reboots & I’m back to the start again! I’ve tried combos of ‘safe/verbose/single user modes’ which go to a black screen that reels of lots of text… And then it goes to reboot again! Reading the solutions above are encouraging but I don’t know how you’re supposed to do any of them? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Intel i7-6700k @ 4.00 hz | Gigabyte Z170N Gaming 5 m/b | 16GB Ram | Samsung 850 SSD

Read post #82.

Thanks for the speedy response RehabMan - That looks like what I need to do - however I don’t know how you apply the Patch? Apologies for being unaware of the procedures involved, this is the 1st major problem I’ve had with my hackintosh. Thanks once again.

Thanks for the speedy response RehabMan - That looks like what I need to do - however I don’t know how you apply the Patch? Apologies for being unaware of the procedures involved, this is the 1st major problem I’ve had with my hackintosh. Thanks once again.

When available, download latest Clover from sourceforge.
Or use my CLOVERX64.efi attached to my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back