Contribute
Register

[Solved] Security Update 2016-001 not compatible to Nvidia driver 346.03.15f02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Security Update 2016-001 changes the build of Mac OS X 10.11.6 to 15G1004. NVIDIA Web Driver 346.03.15f02 is not compatible to this build.

For now you can solve this by two methods:

Method 1: Get the beta driver 346.03.15b01.

Method 2: Edit the info.plist to reflect your current build version as described on ******.

Thanks for posting- I'm sure NVIDIA will release new drivers shortly.

Thanks, the NVIDIA web driver also worked in my case after editing the build version of OS X 10.11.6 to 15G1004 in info.plist, as described in the first post of this thread.

In addition, I had once again to fix Problem #4 (Monitor goes to sleep at the end of the boot sequence when using iMac15,1 or iMac17,1 or MacPro 6,1 system definition) in this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/ using method #3. I always have to redo this fix after every OS update, although the patch is part of my config.plist file in Clover.

I must admit that it's funny to see that I'm not the only one updating blindly :lol:

Thanks for sharing a workaround ;)

If you update to the beta driver before you install the security update will it go smoothly?

Hi

it seems that most resort the installing the beta drivers.

There is also another way to get your existing Nvidia to work, as locomacg6 indicated

I have done the following steps with success.

1. Go to Apple Menu -> About This Mac
  2. In the resulting window, click on the text that says "10.11.6" - it will reveal the build number - take note of this
  3. Navigate to: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/
  4. Drag the Info.plist to your desktop and open it with your editor of choice
    • If you use TextEdit - make sure to turn off text correction and the smart features
  5. Look for NVDARequiredOS in the Info.plist
  6. Replace the build number after that with your current build number
  7. Save the Info.plist
8. Run the following Terminal commands in order:
- sudo rm -Rf "/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist"
- sudo cp ~/Desktop/Info.plist "/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist"
- sudo /usr/libexec/repair_packages --repair --standard-pkgs --volume /
- sudo rm -r /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
- sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
- sudo kextcache -update-volume /

9. Reboot - and ensure you still have nvda_drv=1 in your config.plist

Please note, I take no credit, these steps are documented here: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/50onhm/el_capitan_security_update_2016001_broke_my/

Thank you so much for this. I updated with the notion that since it is not a "dot release" that I would be safe. I assume it was necessary for Apple to change the build number..... What a pain.. ;-)

yes, WebDriver-346.03.15b01 solution worked with msi gtx 750 also

Hi

There is also another way to get your existing Nvidia to work, as locomacg6 indicated

2. In the resulting window, click on the text that says "10.11.6" - it will reveal the build number - take note of this
    • If you use TextEdit - make sure to turn off text correction and the smart features
  7. Save the Info.plist
- sudo rm -Rf "/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist"
- sudo cp ~/Desktop/Info.plist "/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist"

Please note, I take no credit, these steps are documented here: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/50onhm/el_capitan_security_update_2016001_broke_my/

This method worked for me (GTX 960). Thanks!

Hi

7. Save the Info.plist

Doesn't work for me. I'm using 17,1 iMac SMBIOS profile. Black screen on boot with web driver enabled (already done the Pike R. Alpha Clover fix for black screen + sleep after boot)

Praying the official driver works, but suspect something is broken beyond repair, requiring a fresh install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back