Contribute
Register

[Solved] Security Update 2016-001 not compatible to Nvidia driver 346.03.15f02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, unfortunately the Beta driver didn't work on my system. It seemed to install fine, but when I try to switch back to the Nvidia driver from the OS X drivers, it won't stick - after every re-start, the OS X drivers are back enabled. :(

i installed the WebDriver-346.03.15b01 as commented but once i restart the computer gave me a black screen no video
so i restart the computer using boot flags "nvda_drv=0" so i can load the system
then on terminal paste this line "sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist"
look for NVDARequiredOS and put the build number of the system in this case 15G1004
then press control+o then press enter to save the file
then press control+x to quit

then on terminal paste this line "sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel"
then this line "sudo kextcache -system-caches"

then restart and all will be fine, just make sure you have the boot flags "nvda_drv=1". Have a good night guys.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 12.05.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 12.05.00 AM.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 296
Hi

it seems that most resort the installing the beta drivers.

There is also another way to get your existing Nvidia to work, as locomacg6 indicated

I have done the following steps with success.

1. Go to Apple Menu -> About This Mac
  2. In the resulting window, click on the text that says "10.11.6" - it will reveal the build number - take note of this
  3. Navigate to: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/
  4. Drag the Info.plist to your desktop and open it with your editor of choice
    • If you use TextEdit - make sure to turn off text correction and the smart features
  5. Look for NVDARequiredOS in the Info.plist
  6. Replace the build number after that with your current build number
  7. Save the Info.plist
8. Run the following Terminal commands in order:
- sudo rm -Rf "/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist"
- sudo cp ~/Desktop/Info.plist "/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist"
- sudo /usr/libexec/repair_packages --repair --standard-pkgs --volume /
- sudo rm -r /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
- sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
- sudo kextcache -update-volume /

9. Reboot - and ensure you still have nvda_drv=1 in your config.plist

Please note, I take no credit, these steps are documented here: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/50onhm/el_capitan_security_update_2016001_broke_my/

Thanks for the heads up guys. Beta driver saved my bacon as I presumed the security update would go smoothly!

Security Update 2016-001 changes the build of Mac OS X 10.11.6 to 15G1004. NVIDIA Web Driver 346.03.15f02 is not compatible to this build.

For now you can solve this by two methods:

Method 1: Get the beta driver 346.03.15b01.

Method 2: Edit the info.plist to reflect your current build version as described on ******.
Thanks you save my day :)

Security Update 2016-001 changes the build of Mac OS X 10.11.6 to 15G1004. NVIDIA Web Driver 346.03.15f02 is not compatible to this build.

For now you can solve this by two methods:

Method 1: Get the beta driver 346.03.15b01.

Method 2: Edit the info.plist to reflect your current build version as described on ******.

Thanks Mate back up and running

Works great. you guys saved me from doom.

Beta driver saved me2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back