Contribute
Register

[Solved] Security Update 2016-001 not compatible to Nvidia driver 346.03.15f02

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, installing beta 346.03.15b01 doesn't work, it boot up in black screen. Even changed the required version in plist.

Today Nvidia post latest driver 346.03.15f03. Now it workes for my GTX 970

The Nvidia driver Manager says No Update Available . Why ?

Anyway I am downloading and installing the f03 version with the link provided in this thread.

if you have not applied the OS X update you can't install the new web driver and the control panel check will say there isn't one. update first and then apply it I guess, going to try now.

that worked. applied update, rebooted and was in non accelerated mode, nvidia driver wizard popped up and said there was a new driver. applied, rebooted, easy breezy!

Still can't get the video drivers working, even with the new version!! :(

I installed the old beta driver yesterday. It installed fine, but I the system wouldn't "enable" the driver. I'd tell it to enable the driver, it would prompt for a re-start, but after re-booting, the OX Default Graphics Drivers is re-enabled.

Now this morning, I've installed the NEW version, but I'm getting the Exact same behavior! I still can't enable the drivers. I even un-installed the beta drivers, repaired permissions, rebooted, installed the new drivers, etc.

I just can't get the new drivers enabled, even though they install without error, and the Nvidia manager is loading.

Every time I enable the drivers and restart it's back to the default drivers. Can anyone please help? I've verified that version 346.03.15f03 is installed. I can't think of anything else to try. :(

See attached files for screen shots...

Attachments

• Untitled-5.gif
    Untitled-5.gif
    14.2 KB · Views: 278
  • Untitled-x.gif
    Untitled-x.gif
    14.5 KB · Views: 286
that worked. applied update, rebooted and was in non accelerated mode, nvidia driver wizard popped up and said there was a new driver. applied, rebooted, easy breezy!
Totally right ... Should have thought about it.

Works fine for me now.

Still can't get the video drivers working, even with the new version!! :(

I installed the old beta driver yesterday. It installed fine, but I the system wouldn't "enable" the driver. I'd tell it to enable the driver, it would prompt for a re-start, but after re-booting, the OX Default Graphics Drivers is re-enabled.

Now this morning, I've installed the NEW version, but I'm getting the Exact same behavior! I still can't enable the drivers. I even un-installed the beta drivers, repaired permissions, rebooted, installed the new drivers, etc.

I just can't get the new drivers enabled, even though they install without error, and the Nvidia manager is loading.

Every time I enable the drivers and restart it's back to the default drivers. Can anyone please help? I've verified that version 346.03.15f03 is installed. I can't think of anything else to try. :(

See attached files for screen shots...
The nvidia system preference pane will not enable the drivers - even though it gives you the option. To enable them, you need to edit your config.plist file. Just go to the post installation thread for graphics and I am sure you can find the correct setting.

In fact, if you go into the thread titled "Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems", take a look at "Problem 6".

applied update, rebooted and was in non accelerated mode, nvidia driver wizard popped up and said there was a new driver. applied, rebooted, easy breezy!

ditto. I downloaded "15f03," did the Apple update (after enabling EMUVariableUEFI-64 and disabling Inject nVidia in Clover Configurator, then rebooting. (Clover_v2.3k_r3676 was already running.)) Ran "15f03," reboted and it is running fine.

MuchMore, thanks for the pointer. http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

I installed 15f03 and on restart I got the Prohibitory symbol. I restarted and selected the Recovery partition. It took a good 5-10min to load, computer restarted and everything back to normal.

Just a heads up.

I installed 15f03 and on restart I got the Prohibitory symbol. I restarted and selected the Recovery partition. It took a good 5-10min to load, computer restarted and everything back to normal.

Just a heads up.
I installed 15f03 and on restart everything works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back