Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z270x-UD5
CPU
Intel 6700K
Graphics
Dual Sapphire 280x's
This morning I had a fully operational High Sierra install on a 1TB 960 NVME plus a SoftRaid Raid5 set that I call 'Mass Storage' with a 6700k, Gigabyte z270x-UD5. Since upgrading to High Sierra, I have noticed my read/write speeds have been considerably slower on my raid set so I wanted to check if I had any random/left over kexts installed from old upgrades.

- I only found the ahci intel _generic_ sata.kext in my /L/E folder and I had read that I possibly didn't need it. I backed it up, removed it from /L/E and ran Kext Utility to repair all the permissions.
- Upon reboot I get to the bios screen and it appears clover is trying to boot and then the computer restarts. Clover logo, boot options, etc. never actually show up.
- I have gone in and disabled the Sata ports entirely and everything boots up fine but obviously none of my HDDs show up.
- Then I moved the kext back into place (/L/E/) and rebuilt permissions. Enabled Sata in BIOS but still constant reboots.
- Then I rebuilt the EFI on my boot drive completely using Multi-Beast. Still reboots with Sata enabled.

I also have made sure AHCI is enabled and none of my other BIOS settings have changed. Any ideas?

Just figured this out. One disk of my raid array went corrupt. I've replaced it and it's rebuilding right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back