Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] SATA hot plug patch not working in Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I've just completed the upgrade from Cataline to BS and everything is fine except this hot-plug issue. I followed the hints from this post and added the AppleAHCIPort patch (as attached image) but unfortunately it doesn't work.

I do have two drives (one with Mojave and one with Catalina which is upgraded to BS now) but I have made sure that both EFI folders are identical. And I use emulated NVRAM so I think it should not be the same issue @miliuco encountered before.

I would like to seek for your help and see if there is any other idea on the cause of this problem.

Many thanks!
Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 1.39.52 PM.png

Last edited:
Hi!

I've just completed the upgrade from Cataline to BS and everything is fine except this hot-plug issue. I followed the hints from this post and added the AppleAHCIPort patch (as attached image) but unfortunately it doesn't work.

I do have two drives (one with Mojave and one with Catalina which is upgraded to BS now) but I have made sure that both EFI folders are identical. And I use emulated NVRAM so I think it should not be the same issue @miliuco encountered before.

I would like to seek for your help and see if there is any other idea on the cause of this problem.

Many thanks!View attachment 500856
Maybe because you have it set to enable "1" rather then enabled "Yes"

...I followed the hints from this post and added the AppleAHCIPort patch (as attached image) but unfortunately it doesn't work...
Enabled yes instead of 1?

Enabled yes instead of 1?
Thanks @scottkendall @miliuco . My config.plist is created by Opencore Configurator which generated "1" for me after I checked the Enabled box. Then I opened the file by Xcode and tried to edit the field. I chose YES and Xcode also put 1 automatically. So I assumed "1" is equivalent to Yes, "0" is No.

Thanks @scottkendall @miliuco . My config.plist is created by Opencore Configurator which generated "1" for me after I checked the Enabled box. Then I opened the file by Xcode and tried to edit the field. I chose YES and Xcode also put 1 automatically. So I assumed "1" is equivalent to Yes, "0" is No.
And the type of that key is boolean? I think that boolean is false or true / yes or not, it may be that XCode has activated the option that the boolean values are shown as 1 / 0 instead of true / false or yes / not.
If you open config.plist with plain text editor, it comes out 1 or yes?
By the way, do you use CtlnaAHCIPort.kext?

And the type of that key is boolean? I think that boolean is false or true / yes or not, it may be that XCode has activated the option that the boolean values are shown as 1 / 0 instead of true / false or yes / not.
If you open config.plist with plain text editor, it comes out 1 or yes?
By the way, do you use CtlnaAHCIPort.kext?
You're right, it shows true on plain text editor. like this:

<key>Comment</key>
<string>SATA hot plug</string>
<key>Count</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>QGACAA==</data>
<key>Identifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string>

Yes, I am using CtlnaAHCIPort.kext. Actually I have a question about this. Is it still valid to have the Identifier "com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort" as it looks like we are not using AppleAHCIPort anymore?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back