Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] SATA hot plug patch not working in Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.
... The great part is, with the builtin OC validate option you can then check for any misplacements that needs correcting...
Yes, I had already seen it, it is a very comfortable option to avoid errors with malformed config.plist.

I just used the app to compile the latest OC 0.6.5 EFI Folder and then used the builtin OC validate checker and this is the result I got (see pic). The app even has builtin MountESP function making the process easy.
I see you also have the RX 580 card from XFX. In my case it has always worked well without giving problems despite being XFX. And it is clearly cheaper than the other brands. In your case, has it always worked well?

I make a comment OT. How to show in my messages the signature that can be created in Account Settings? Not in Build Signature but below where it says Signature only. Is it possible to make it show up in messages?

signature.png

I see you also have the RX 580 card from XFX. In my case it has always worked well without giving problems despite being XFX. And it is clearly cheaper than the other brands. In your case, has it always worked well?

I make a comment OT. How to show in my messages the signature that can be created in Account Settings? Not in Build Signature but below where it says Signature only. Is it possible to make it show up in messages?

View attachment 500680
Yes the RX 580 was the cheap option for me at the time after being with Nvidia for a long time. It has been rock solid from day one so I got no complaints about the card.

Sorry I don't know the answer to that one as I think the Signature process has changed from when I became a member. Sometime back I myself fell foul of the Site Rules with incomplete profile details although I am sure I supplied all info at the time.
I suggest make a post about your query or hopefully someone in the know or Admin will see it here and point you in the right direction. Failing that PM Admin. Good luck

.. I suggest make a post about your query or hopefully someone in the know or Admin will see it here and point you in the right direction. Failing that PM Admin. Good luck...
Ok, I will, thanks.

Just a side note - the developer of the OC Configurator app has an update he has included a builtin updater to the app - V2020.12.11 :headbang:
:thumbup:

Hold off from updating to this new version, I just sent a bug report to the developer, this version will not launch because of security measures in BS whether SIP is locked or not. Will keep you in the loop of any responses from the developer.
Yes. Security measures of BS are high. It is the same in the Utilities tab of Hackintool, you press the Get AppleInfo icon and, when you finish, window is empty of text, however in Catalina it works fine. Also related to BS security.

Yea - I deleted the new version of Configurator and reinstalled the previous version and that works as before. I think something went awry when he added the updating ability. Anyway I am waiting for a reply to the report.

Yes with Hackintool that part worked with a few of the BS Betas but I think with the last three it was broken, I also sent a report to the developer and still waiting for a reply.

Edit - Just got a reply from the Developer and he acknowledged there is a problem this is his quote - 'Oh oh , it's my problem, new features have been added, but some library files may be missing in the package? very sorry!'

So hopefully he will get it sorted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back