Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] SATA hot plug patch not working in Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're looking for an OpenCore Configurator with an interface and much better (IMHO) than the current one, I highly recommend this one. Much, much, better than the Mackie app as that tends to add unselected data if you're not careful. This one is very newbie friendly and easy to understand, it makes updating your OC config.plist a doodle with a builtin OC Validate for checking your selections before saving.

I don't use these apps as I prefer Plist Editors but I do try them all to see what benefits they offer and if they are user friendly for late starters to OpenCore.
This Configurator is available on GitHub with the usual notes on it's various functions and operation. I have attached it here, to install just drag and drop it into your Application Folder, you may have to give it permission to launch when opening.
I did not know him. I'm going to prove it. It seems incredible but I had no knowledge of this program. Thank you!

If you're looking for an OpenCore Configurator with an interface and much better (IMHO) than the current one, I highly recommend this one. Much, much, better than the Mackie app as that tends to add unselected data if you're not careful. This one is very newbie friendly and easy to understand, it makes updating your OC config.plist a doodle with a builtin OC Validate for checking your selections before saving.

I don't use these apps as I prefer Plist Editors but I do try them all to see what benefits they offer and if they are user friendly for late starters to OpenCore.
This Configurator is available on GitHub with the usual notes on it's various functions and operation. I have attached it here, to install just drag and drop it into your Application Folder, you may have to give it permission to launch when opening.
This one looks quite easy to use. I will try it out. Thanks for the tip.

@miliuco - Have you updated to new BS RC version 11.1 (20C69) that is out today? I did mine through the inbuilt updater and it is a 2.75gb download.
I'm just going to update right now. You've read my mind. At the end I comment.

@miliuco - Have you updated to new BS RC version 11.1 (20C69) that is out today? I did mine through the inbuilt updater and it is a 2.75gb download.
Done. Now it's 20C69 as you. It's RC or final release? It's working very well. No problem.

I've already been testing it. It seems incredible how well finished it is and how well it works. I like it. Except the icon (ugly). I was looking at the GitHub website and seeing everything in that language that I don't know if it is Chinese or Korean, I was afraid that the app was in that language but it is in correct English.
Thanks again.

I've already been testing it. It seems incredible how well finished it is and how well it works. I like it. Except the icon (ugly). I was looking at the GitHub website and seeing everything in that language that I don't know if it is Chinese or Korean, I was afraid that the app was in that language but it is in correct English.
Thanks again.
:lol: Yes the app icon is terrible which belies how good the app actually is. Like I said, it makes updating the config.plist so simplistic, all you need to do is import all your settings with a few clicks on the selection tabs, from your old config.plist to the new one and save, then all that's left to do is insure all your Kexts, SSDT and Drivers files are in the correct folders and you're done.

The great part is, with the builtin OC validate option you can then check for any misplacements that needs correcting.
I am very impressed by it and sent the developer the acknowledgement. The only drawback is the app it self is not automatically updated or with builtin update notification, you need to periodically check for updates and down loads on GitHub, but I think that is something the developer will apply as the app evolves.

Happy you liked the recommendation.

I just used the app to compile the latest OC 0.6.5 EFI Folder and then used the builtin OC validate checker and this is the result I got (see pic). The app even has builtin MountESP function making the process easy.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 01.02.00.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 01.02.00.png
    159 KB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back