Contribute
Register

[Solved] Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ SE | black screen on HDMI and DVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thread may help you to figure out the proper CLOVER configs for your RX580. While the Sapphire Pulse RX580 will work without WhateverGreen.kext (that's the way I'm running it now - I don't use WhateverGreen with my RX580), you may find that it is easier to start with WhateverGreen (which is currently not in your EFI).
Thank you deevee!! I will check it out. Is the easiest way to insert WG through multibeast?

Thank you deevee!! I will check it out. Is the easiest way to insert WG through multibeast?

If you used multibeast for your current install, you should just be able to copy the latest WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext to your EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Anyone having any luck with Catalina?
I've tried using the Orinoco framebuffer method, also tried adding WG and Lilu still only my DP monitor works and not the one on HDMI.

EDIT: seems to be working after a number of boots which is strange...

Last edited:
Anyone having any luck with Catalina?
I've tried using the Orinoco framebuffer method, also tried adding WG and Lilu still only my DP monitor works and not the one on HDMI.

EDIT: seems to be working after a number of boots which is strange...
Hi, it helped me.
After updating to 10.15.7 there was a black screen. I used this Orinoco framebuffer method and now everything works. Connected two displays one - HDMI second - DP
Thanks foxbox

Does anyone know how to apply the foxbox's fix using OpenCore?
I am just learning OC and created a working legacy OC (0.6.3) config for my HackPro5,1. During verbose boot, OC says that my foxbox patches are not found. I'll spend some time figuring this out, but if anyone has the foxbox patches converted to OC config.plist, do you mind sharing one of the patches as an example. I wasn't sure how to specify the identifier ("com.apple.kext.AMD9500Controller" doesn't match, "com.apple.driver.AMD9500Controller" doesn't match and "AMD9500Controller" doesn't match either) and there may be something else wrong, too. Here's what I tried:

Code:
                        <dict>
                                <key>Arch</key>
                                <string>x86_64</string>
                                <key>Base</key>
                                <string></string>
                                <key>Comment</key>
                                <string>Fix DVI blackscreen #1</string>
                                <key>Count</key>
                                <integer>0</integer>
                                <key>Enabled</key>
                                <true/>
                                <key>Find</key>
                                <data>AAQAAAQDAAAAAQEBAAAAABIEBgEAAAAA</data>
                                <key>Identifier</key>
                                <string>com.apple.kext.AMD9500Controller</string>
                                <key>Limit</key>
                                <integer>0</integer>
                                <key>Mask</key>
                                <data></data>
                                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                                <string></string>
                                <key>MinKernel</key>
                                <string></string>
                                <key>Replace</key>
                                <data>AAQAAAQDAAAAAQABAAAAABIEBgEAAAAA</data>
                                <key>ReplaceMask</key>
                                <data></data>
                                <key>Skip</key>
                                <integer>0</integer>
                        </dict>

I actually did the same trick to get all my monitor working.

Did you find the real solution to your problem?
Mine was doing the same. Waking makes all the ports work on he Pulse RX580

My fix was disable 1. CSM in BIOS and 2. Removing CsmVideoDxe.efi

Now all is well

I posted my solution for this problem on page 6 exactly a year ago for Mojave. Now I have the same problem with Catalina.

I was wondering if someone more knowledgable can take a look if I'm doing something obviously wrong regarding me trying to get past the black screen with Asus rx580.

I got it working really well on Mojave with Inject ATI, Orinoco Framebuffer, video ports 5, RadeonDelnit and this kextpatch:
com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy BA050000 00 to BA000000 00
Also Lilu and Whatevergreen.

I upgraded to Catalina (got USB installer to boot without black screen by copy/paste EFI from my Mojave install, in the end). Now I boot from USB and it works great, even the clover in the beginning and apple logo is not stretched like it usually is... but booting from SSD results in black screen no matter what I do.

What I tried:
Copying EFI from USB
Latest Lilu and WEG
Checking bios settings, everything is how it should be
Using inject ATI and other before mentioned graphic settings
adding agdpmod=pikera in boot arg
mentioned kextpatch kextpatch: com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
various combinations of disabling inject ATI, disable WEG and/or Lilu and that kext patch
Removing any graphics settings and WEG and/or Lilu
change PEGP to GFX0
changing smbios to 14.2, 17.1, 19.1, iMac Pro 1.1 (This SMBIOS fixed Preview on Mojave)
Enabling/disabling igpu
Tried stabbing in the dark and using some Framebuffer I found while searching

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/578

I Don't have any DP monitors, so I'm connecting over HDMI. I bought an adapter, but it looks like something is wrong with it because even booting into windows disk with driver and everything I'm not getting anything from any of the DP's on my monitor or tv.

I have an old setup as you can see, and I'm using legacy mode.
Using WEG screen turns off, with inject ATI it stays on but black.

This may be a silly question but I don't know anything, for years I fixed my Hackintosh problems by searching and trying suggested solutions... But anyway If I can boot so well from USB, metal support and both HDMI working... why can't I just apply whatever happens when booting from USB to SSD?

tried copying EFI from USB but that doesn't work either.

Here is my EFI. If There is something more I need to post I would really appreciate if you could mention what tool to use to obtain that info, because after years of using Hackintosh I'm still noob.
Really hope I'm missing something obvious, I have ben trying stuff for days now.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 119
  • USB EFI.zip
    29.3 MB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back