Contribute
Register

[Solved] Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ SE | black screen on HDMI and DVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I set ports to 5
removed whatevergreen.
4 monitors and HDMI audio all working like they should!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Guys you rock!! you saved my work and mostly my peace of mind. i thank you all.
@macnb you are officially the Nitro+ guy !
And you were also right, with whatevergreen there is no difference. It still works. But I guess I don't need it. The less the better.
Strangely DPCIManager still shows 6 ports... oh, I really don't care right now
Ahh, these special moments of the hackintosh-life....
:beachball::ugeek:ok, funk music till the morning!:ugeek::beachball:

i have the same problem with the same card. can't get the HDMI or DVI working. how do you set the ports to 5??

in clover configurator you go Graphics > set "Video Ports" to 5.

save
think about Steve
reboot
think about Steve once more

Tada!!

View attachment 387325View attachment 387324
save
think about Steve
reboot

Tada!!

Thank you so helpful!

What i am trying to do on my system is load the config file off the USB to get the system to boot past the apple screen.

I have the same video card. Should I also paste in that Orinoco HEX? I'm trying to boot off HDMI or DVI ( I don't have display port cable)

Last edited:
View attachment 387325View attachment 387324
save
think about Steve
reboot

Tada!!

here's my config file. I still can't get it to boot past the apple logo screen (where it reaches 100% and then goes black). Would you mind taking a look?

MotherboardAsus P6T Deluxe V2
CPUXeon 5690
Graphics RX 580 SE Sapphire Nitro +

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
i am afraid that i can only suggest some things, and i may be wrong. So better back up your file first and then start testing. one at a time.
  1. Tick inject ATI on Graphhics Section
  2. Go to SMBIOS > click the two up/down arrows button on the right and start with iMac14,2 but in your case mac pro 5 or 6 could be best. Play with these, trying some more if you want
  3. Try adding the Boot argument : npci=0x2000 on Boot section
  4. i don't see why you have a IntelGFX fake ID in Devices section

In my case injectATI is essential. So start with this one.

report back and we will see what to do next :)

In my case injectATI is essential. So start with this one.
Yes, ATI injection will allow the loading Orinoco framebuffer !
If not necessary, do not use WG kext or RadeonDeinit write. ;)

Mojave changed the way graphics injection works, using Clover to inject anything related to graphics do not work properly. If you want to use a different Framebuffer then use WhateverGreen and Device properties in Clover config or use a SSDT to inject a different Framebuffer.

I use Orinoco FB, injectATI and 5 ports. No whatevergreen, only lilu. My rx 580 works perfect along with everything else except of my onboard VIA USB3 chip. On Mohave 10.14.2. So I can’t agree with you.

Friends i am able to boot to mac os using orinoco fb and video ports 5.No whatevergreen just lilu. But on hdmi i am getting this weird pink tint which i am not getting on dvi port. What can be the reason for this and can it be fixed?

Attachments

• 20190218_102128.jpg
    20190218_102128.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 150
Friends i am able to boot to mac os using orinoco fb and video ports 5.No whatevergreen just lilu. But on hdmi i am getting this weird pink tint which i am not getting on dvi port. What can be the reason for this and can it be fixed?
...Strange... Two dyas ago i was trying to upgrade to 10.14.3 - unsuccesfull as always my first tries are... - so on my last boot back to 14.2 (using my main drive again and not the "install macos..." same one ) one of my 3 dispalys opened up in this exact tint!! Same color. The display in question connects via a HDMI to HDMI cable. i powered off the monitor, turn it back on and since then it is fixed...
I have seen so many wierd behaviors since i turned to apple custom builds, that i am not surprised a bit by them. But there it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back