Contribute
Register

[Solved] Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB Dual DisplayPort Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the system.log. Otherwise the monitors seem to work fine except one of them is black at boot and needs to powercycle to get connected properly. It's hard to tell how much of this is related to the hack and how much of this is a problem with the monitors. The P2715Q that I use have notoriously buggy DP firmware and I get similar issues even in Windows 10 on the same system.

I have lots of problems with my P2715Q at the office with my MbP 2016 Touchbar, when getting back to my desk and reconnecting. I know it's also partially related to Thunderbolt 3/USB-C - the worst connector in the history of mankind. Pretty much never works with the lefthand USB-C connectors, for a display, only the right hand side and even then it can take many attempts.... and never ever jiggle the cable or laptop or desktop, it will just unplug them :thumbdown

Which part number is the card you ordered? I found that my sapphire pulse is the wrong batch so it’s not recognized properly. But I was ultimately able to get mine working by force-flashing it with an alternate rom and using a SSDT patch to set CFG_USE_AGDC false which fixes the dual monitor issues.

After ~10hrs of banging my head against the wall I finally have a functional gpu. And it runs extremely smooth on macOS. I was having lots of performance issues with my 1080TI stuttering and lagging but this card is buttery smooth in dual 4K setups.

How did you do SSDT patch? I met this problem . I use one dp port and dvi port , it can't work, cannot login system.

It says resolved, but I can't seem to find a solution - what's the solution? -- The HDMI ports work, but the DVI ones don't since upgrading to Catalina. I have a long cable going through the wall I don't want to replace :)

I has a dual display, with Dell 4k 8bit + A-FRC in displayport and a LG FullHD in HDMI, connected in a Powercolor reddevil rx580 8gb on Mojave install. So I change my old HDMI monitor to new one, a samsung 32"4k, with DP works with 8bit + A-FRC too (emulate 10 bits). On first, the monitor doesn't work, just only HDMI. I try with 1.2a DP cable and doesn't work too, in any DP port, alternate or sequencial from DP uses on Dell. In windows, works as hell! So i try change de clover config, update Lilu and WG, many tryies and nothing... Until i bought a new DP 1.4 cable (the new monitor supports up to 1.2a version) and surprises! Works! I connected the dell in first DP port and the samsung in the last one. I do not try any other connection configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back