Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Samsung EVO with NVMe results in 'Prohibition screen' after the multibeast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

After a fifth time restarting to install OSX Sierra (unsuccesfull) from scratch, I decide to start questioning :
The problem is the prohibition sign on the screen after the install of multibeast drivers (see pitcure).
(The progresbar under the nice apple is evolving for about 80% and then shows this prohibition screen.)

I followed stork install-setup (do I need to say that I'm a newbie in all this) :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-gene-i5-6600k-gigabyte-gtx-950.181272/#Notes
Used his config.plist and so skip AFTER this point "(Optional) If you are using the M.2 SSD..." and whent further
from this point "Follow Step 3 in the tonymacx86 guide."
I tried before to implement that script myself before but less succes then what seems after using storks .plist.

Install seems good untill the (first and only) restart after the multibeast drivers installation.
Before Network already does it, mouse and keyboard but that seems to be all.
After the multibeast drivers installation I end up with the prohibition sign on the screen.
Installing on the Samsung 850 EVO went a bit better but my goal is realy to have it on the M.2 Samsung 950 EVO and data later on the 850.

Setup :
ASUS Maximus VIII Gene (installed latest bios).
Intel® Core i7-6700K
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB DDR4-3200
Samsung 950 EVO, 256 GB M.2 SSD Protocol = NVMe
Samsung 850 EVO, 500 GB SSD
Dawicontrol Firewire 800 DC-FW800 PCI-E
HDMI connected 27' screen from Medion).
No extra Graphics Card (the Intel® Core gpu should take that task with it's HD530).
No wifi.

Other strange things I experienced during all the different trails :
* Saving the Multibeast setup works but loading it says always corrupted file (several times).
* Multibeast disk tab changes sometimes 3rd Party SATA becomes Atheros option menu (see picture).

All this makes me more and more uncertain on how to do it right while I have the feeling to be close...
Things like why to install this one ALC1150 high-definition audio ? (didn't find anything in the spec's of my hardware about it).
Why not this one Optional HD 530 HDMI Audio

For sollutions, tell me from where I need to restart again too.

Thanks.

Output 01.jpg
disk option changed.jpg

Ok, no sollution yet, but I'm able to prevent the prohibition screen by filtering the installed multibeast-drivers.
I reinstalled Sierra (getting used to do that) and installed multibeast-drivers one by one each time with a reboot.
All is still working with these drivers yet installed (see picture). The ones not yet done should be reason of the prohibition screen.
I suppose (not yet there) it will be the one Stork says elsewhere "Use the iMac14,2 System Definition to overcome the Prohibited logo."
If someone can explain more on all this, still welcome...

Thanks.
Drivers Install zonder problemen.jpg

Hi,

All the problems above (seemed to be related and) where solved by removing the IONVMeFamily.kext file in the folder /System/library/Extentions...
Here is how to do that (not my video but thanks to the guy) :

Some info on the forum stated that the HackrNVMeFamily 10_12_2.kext could live beside the IONVMeFamily.kext, not in my case i finaly found out.
I removed it and (untill) now all seems going well.
Before, drivers were installed, but didn't do there job, files didn't save correctly most of the time and the prohib screen.

I had to re-install about 10 times, newbie got crazy on all the different information.

Still, a : thank you guys.

Last edited:
Hi,

After a fifth time restarting to install OSX Sierra (unsuccesfull) from scratch, I decide to start questioning :
The problem is the prohibition sign on the screen after the install of multibeast drivers (see pitcure).
(The progresbar under the nice apple is evolving for about 80% and then shows this prohibition screen.)

I followed stork install-setup (do I need to say that I'm a newbie in all this) :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-gene-i5-6600k-gigabyte-gtx-950.181272/#Notes
Used his config.plist and so skip AFTER this point "(Optional) If you are using the M.2 SSD..." and whent further
from this point "Follow Step 3 in the tonymacx86 guide."
I tried before to implement that script myself before but less succes then what seems after using storks .plist.

Install seems good untill the (first and only) restart after the multibeast drivers installation.
Before Network already does it, mouse and keyboard but that seems to be all.
After the multibeast drivers installation I end up with the prohibition sign on the screen.
Installing on the Samsung 850 EVO went a bit better but my goal is realy to have it on the M.2 Samsung 950 EVO and data later on the 850.

Setup :
ASUS Maximus VIII Gene (installed latest bios).
Intel® Core i7-6700K
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB DDR4-3200
Samsung 950 EVO, 256 GB M.2 SSD Protocol = NVMe
Samsung 850 EVO, 500 GB SSD
Dawicontrol Firewire 800 DC-FW800 PCI-E
HDMI connected 27' screen from Medion).
No extra Graphics Card (the Intel® Core gpu should take that task with it's HD530).
No wifi.

Other strange things I experienced during all the different trails :
* Saving the Multibeast setup works but loading it says always corrupted file (several times).
* Multibeast disk tab changes sometimes 3rd Party SATA becomes Atheros option menu (see picture).

All this makes me more and more uncertain on how to do it right while I have the feeling to be close...
Things like why to install this one ALC1150 high-definition audio ? (didn't find anything in the spec's of my hardware about it).
Why not this one Optional HD 530 HDMI Audio

For sollutions, tell me from where I need to restart again too.

Thanks.

View attachment 229349 View attachment 229350

For best reliability and smooth updates, you should implement the class-code spoof and HackrNVMeFamily.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

So are you saying that the method in the video is wrong for my use ?
It is untill now the only easy way (for a newbie and no mac owner) to get the M.2 sdd in use.
Besides, I don't understand many terms or don't know where to look for the correct data, ones I might have understood.
There are two different ways to implement the class-code spoof:
- SSDT with _DSM method to inject the modified class-code
OR
- using config.plist/Devices/Arbitrary to inject the modified class-code
In order to create an SSDT to inject class-code, you must know the ACPI path that describes where your SSD is located in ACPI namespace.
Yeah, no offence but to me this is all chinese.
The method like used in the video looks to me like "method to inject".
What is class-code spoof ?
What or where do I find the SSDT with _DSM I need ?
How to know the ACPI path ?
The config.plist ... I was only able to find one on my USB-boot stick. The one created like I explained in my first topic above.
Most things on the forum are explained for people already used to all these technicques. To me SSDT, _DSM, spoof and all that take hours to find out what exactly each term means, what it should do and how to get it done correctly for my hardware.
For example ALC1150 I still don't know if I need that (none of my hardware-specifications says it), I just use it because Stork does it too with the same mobo and cpu.

Thanks.

RehabMan I did read your post before, then found that video which to me looked like the 'how to'. Besides I have only XP32 bit and my hackintosh hardware is 64 bit, so from where or how do I implement your method.
Because this guide is intended to be used prior to installation, it will use Windows Device Manager. You will find your NVMe device in Windows Device Manager under "Storage Controllers" -> "Standard NVM Express Controller".
In my research I found that IORegiteryExplorer which can show some hardware info (chinese to me ;-) but maybe it's a good tool to know the ACPI path and stuff like that ? Can I use it correctly now that my way of installating Sierra is quit uncertain ?
I succeeded to install Ubuntu before on my hackintosh hardware, but it took the full M.2 SSD and I wont dual boot later (first Sierra now).

Last edited:
So are you saying that the method in the video is wrong for my use ?
It is untill now the only easy way (for a newbie and no mac owner) to get the M.2 sdd in use.
Besides, I don't understand many terms or don't know where to look for the correct data, ones I might have understood.
Yeah, no offence but to me this is all chinese.
The method like used in the video looks to me like "method to inject".
What is class-code spoof ?
What or where do I find the SSDT with _DSM I need ?
How to know the ACPI path ?
The config.plist ... I was only able to find one on my USB-boot stick. The one created like I explained in my first topic above.
Most things on the forum are explained for people already used to all these technicques. To me SSDT, _DSM, spoof and all that take hours to find out what exactly each term means, what it should do and how to get it done correctly for my hardware.
For example ALC1150 I still don't know if I need that (none of my hardware-specifications says it), I just use it because Stork does it too with the same mobo and cpu.

Thanks.

Read the guide carefully. It is clear from your questions that you didn't.

From your guide, at the beginning :
Because this guide is intended to be used prior to installation, it will use Windows Device Manager.
How should I be able to do that ???
I don't have Windows Device Manager and don't have a 64 bit version of windows.

Last edited:
From your guide, at the beginning :
How should I be able to do that ???
I don't have Windows Device Manager and don't have a 64 bit version of windows.

There are other ways to determine the ACPI path from OS X/macOS
(ioreg... see related links from github, or read the entire thread).
But the idea behind that guide is that you use the class-code spoof prior to installation, which is why it recommends Windows.
Windows can be downloaded and used for a trial period.

1) With that IORegiteryExplorer I already could see that ACPI path as shown on page 7 in your guide, and will probably be able todo it again. But, will the result of that path be reprensative as my installation is not complete and 100% ?
2) Ubuntu install was easy, so it would be nice to get that ACPI path from out that (I don't know how to do that) ?
3) I'm busy to download windows 8.1 ... will take a while...

If option 1 or 2 are possible too, it might be easier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back