ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz
Graphics
NVidia GeForce GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
I used RehabMan installation guide (HackrNVMeFamily) to install Samsung 960 Evo Pro m.2 drive with no problem. Drive was seen and I carbon copied Sierra 12.5 on it, booting, working with no issues.

However, when I leave the system for a long time, say during the night, the computer freezes and I have to restart with the power switch.

When under sleep for a short period, I can wake it up with no problem. I don't know exactly what causes it or when exactly it freezes.

Looking at the Mac Analytical data the last thing before the reboot is from powerd:
com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.sleepwake.type
com.apple.message.signature: Normal Sleep

system log is:

Jul 8 03:42:39 imac2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.bsd.dirhelper[514]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.bsd.dirhelper
Jul 8 03:42:39 imac2 syslogd[34]: ASL Sender Statistics
Jul 8 03:42:39 imac2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.system): Service "com.apple.emond.aslmanager" tried to hijack endpoint "com.apple.aslmanager" from owner: com.apple.aslmanager
Jul 8 03:42:39 imac2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.system): Service "com.apple.emond.aslmanager" tried to hijack endpoint "com.apple.activity_tracing.cache-delete" from owner: com.apple.aslmanager

I have to say, this only happens when I boot from M.2 driver. My other SATA drive that I initially installed Sierra 12.5 on runs fine for days.

Attached my CLOVER dir.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 122
I used RehabMan installation guide (HackrNVMeFamily) to install Samsung 960 Evo Pro m.2 drive with no problem. Drive was seen and I carbon copied Sierra 12.5 on it, booting, working with no issues.

However, when I leave the system for a long time, say during the night, the computer freezes and I have to restart with the power switch.

When under sleep for a short period, I can wake it up with no problem. I don't know exactly what causes it or when exactly it freezes.

Looking at the Mac Analytical data the last thing before the reboot is from powerd:
com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.sleepwake.type
com.apple.message.signature: Normal Sleep

system log is:

Jul 8 03:42:39 imac2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.bsd.dirhelper[514]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.bsd.dirhelper
Jul 8 03:42:39 imac2 syslogd[34]: ASL Sender Statistics
Jul 8 03:42:39 imac2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.system): Service "com.apple.emond.aslmanager" tried to hijack endpoint "com.apple.aslmanager" from owner: com.apple.aslmanager
Jul 8 03:42:39 imac2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.system): Service "com.apple.emond.aslmanager" tried to hijack endpoint "com.apple.activity_tracing.cache-delete" from owner: com.apple.aslmanager

I have to say, this only happens when I boot from M.2 driver. My other SATA drive that I initially installed Sierra 12.5 on runs fine for days.

Attached my CLOVER dir.
Thanks in advance.

Make sure you disabled hibernation.
See laptop PM guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

Thanks,

I had the hibernation = 0, but
standby = 1 and more importantly (I think)
autopoweroff = 1

/var/vm/sleepimage file was last updated around the time of last syslog message.

I disabled standby and autopoweroff and will see what happens overnight.

'hibernation' not an option.
Critical option to set is 'hibernatemode'.
As long as hibernatemode=0, /var/vm/sleepimage should not be touched/created.

'hibernation' not an option.
Critical option to set is 'hibernatemode'.
As long as hibernatemode=0, /var/vm/sleepimage should not be touched/created.

Yes, I meant hibernatemode=0, but still /var/vm/sleepimage was being updated, I suspect by the autopoweroff

Thanks

Yes, I meant hibernatemode=0, but still /var/vm/sleepimage was being updated, I suspect by the autopoweroff

Thanks

If you followed the laptop PM guide for disabling hibernation, /var/vm/sleepimage should be a directory, not a file...

also, make sure to disable hdd hibernation in the energy settings
"Put harddrives to sleep"

I did not have the problem overnight.

The solution to freezing overnight is to disable hibernation:
Code:
$ sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
$ sudo pmset -a standby 0
$ sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

RehabMan pointed out that you should make the hibernatefile a directory to prevent writing to it, but in my case that wasn't necessary. Here's how you do that:
Code:
$ sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
$ sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

You must verify what the hibernatefile file is with
Code:
$ pmset -g | grep hibernatefile

I did not have the problem overnight.

The solution to freezing overnight is to disable hibernation:
Code:
$ sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
$ sudo pmset -a standby 0
$ sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

RehabMan pointed out that you should make the hibernatefile a directory to prevent writing to it, but in my case that wasn't necessary. Here's how you do that:
Code:
$ sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
$ sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

You must verify what the hibernatefile file is with
Code:
$ pmset -g | grep hibernatefile

Although I've never needed to disable standby and autopoweroff, I'll add a note regarding both to the PM guide...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back