Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Same machine, 2 High Sierra Partitions, same boot loader, audio only works on 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 8500
CPU
I7-3770, 3.4Ghz
Graphics
Nvidia 1080Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I installed High Sierra on one HD, the install went very smoothly with Unibeast, using Clover EFI boot loader.

On the first partition, I ran MultiBeast with VoodooHDA install (computer has Intel onboard audio- Panther Point), after trying a few codecs in Multibeast I got the audio to work out the rear panel.

I went to install High Sierra to another drive (a much faster SSD) and the install went fine, except I can't get audio to work. I coped the Apple HDA and VoodooHDA extensions from the working drive to the SSD and didn't seem to help.

If I launch IORegistryExplorer from the working partition, I can see it's using VoodooHDAEngine, but if I do the same from the SSD partition, I don't even see the HDA device in IORegistryExplorer.

I currently now have 2 clover EFI boot loaders on each drive, I mounted the EFI partitions, and copied the config.plist from one to the other— still audio doesn't work.

My questions:
Why isn't the audio hardware detected by one of the installs?
Where do I find this configuration and copy it?
Is this a Clover thing i'm assuming?

Okay, I just extracted DSDT from the working linux install, and put the AML into /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED

audio still not working

I do see in the Clover boot menu it's seeing all the new DSDT entries— still no audio :banghead:

Arrgh okay I figured it out. I needed to install the Realtek 887b from multibeast

It's still acting different than my other partition, but I have the main audio I need working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back