Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] RX580 Black screen after apple logo load

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem on an Asus P7P55D LE (BIOS) motherboard: the screen flash one time just at the moment of the graphic driver is loading and before the login and then become black. Fans make also a pulse at the same moment, and then stop. If I type the password, the system continue to load (HDD make noise) but the screen stay black.

I install last version of Lilu + Whatevergreen (with a GTX760 plugged in) and all the boot process are the same, except after the login, the screen show the desktop ! I am happy in a first time, but... the fans stay OFF! :-/

The RX580/8Gb are a Gigabyte card, fresh install of High Sierra 10.13.6 up-to-date, last version of Clover, no GFX patche in Clover Configurator

Anybody can help?

I've spent a lot of time looking into this (like 2days strait) and have fuller notes up above. I also tried many other methods but didn't any greater success with those.

Give this a try a lot of people say this fixed their problems fully with nothing else.

I'd keep lilu and whatever green it seems to help with goin to sleep, you should also set your framebuffer to orinoco and check the inject ati button.

for me 3/5 of my ports work with full acceleration, and no sound from the ports and there is a pink screen on my other 2 ports however it no longer crashes on boot if I plug into them.

If you'd like you can also look into using hackintool to manually assign ports, but I haven't tried it, and don't know how. It would be my next step though.

As for audio I haven't had hardly any time to trouble shoot. however If you'd like to test this, this is what everyone says works.

I've spent a lot of time looking into this (like 2days strait) and have fuller notes up above. I also tried many other methods but didn't any greater success with those.

Give this a try a lot of people say this fixed their problems fully with nothing else.

I'd keep lilu and whatever green it seems to help with goin to sleep, you should also set your framebuffer to orinoco and check the inject ati button.

for me 3/5 of my ports work with full acceleration, and no sound from the ports and there is a pink screen on my other 2 ports however it no longer crashes on boot if I plug into them.

If you'd like you can also look into using hackintool to manually assign ports, but I haven't tried it, and don't know how. It would be my next step though.

As for audio I haven't had hardly any time to trouble shoot. however If you'd like to test this, this is what everyone says works.

Also for a quick fix a lot of people seem to be able to use the display ports out of the box with no crashing. I just grabbed a displayport to hdmi adapter and was able to use it in my setup

hehehehe,i sold the ****ed rx and bought an asus dual gtx 1060,ouffffffffff i'm so happy :)
i know for now can't up to mojave

In fact, all is working OK!
When the system don't need graphic power, the card are in passive mode.
When I run Furemark, the fans begin to turn to maintain the GPU température near 70°c
Geekbench show OpenCL performances 7 times the GTX 760 performances !
Then, all seems OK

I have the same problem on an Asus P7P55D LE (BIOS) motherboard: the screen flash one time just at the moment of the graphic driver is loading and before the login and then become black. Fans make also a pulse at the same moment, and then stop. If I type the password, the system continue to load (HDD make noise) but the screen stay black.

I install last version of Lilu + Whatevergreen (with a GTX760 plugged in) and all the boot process are the same, except after the login, the screen show the desktop ! I am happy in a first time, but... the fans stay OFF! :-/

The RX580/8Gb are a Gigabyte card, fresh install of High Sierra 10.13.6 up-to-date, last version of Clover, no GFX patche in Clover Configurator

Anybody can help?

HI JEANDEMI,
I also have a Z8NA-D6 that's been running 10.10 successfully for a while. I'm having trouble getting 10.12-10.14 installed though. any clover config suggestions?

ok i got the same problem and i tried that and it didnt work i had an old screen and it was working perfect on it now i have dell 4k widescreen after apple logo it goes black on display port not on hdmi cables it works on hdmi but its not like native video card i cant change the resolution like i used to on my old screen any idea how to fix that please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back