Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] RX580 Black screen after apple logo load

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT WORKED! LOL IT DOES WORK OUT OF THE BOX! My next problem now is getting mac not to detect my rtx 2080 when i have the RX 580 plugged in... *sighs**
nv_disable=1 boot arg in config.plist

My rx 580 worked fine on high sierra. Make sure CSM is disabled in the bios. You may also need whatevergreen and lilu; I have them and haven't tried without so I'm not sure if they are needed or not.

As for using the 2080 in windows only; I'm not sure on that. I think you may need to use an ssdt to disable it for mac os. I was looking at doing something similar with using the onboard intel graphics for mojave and using my gtx 960 (when I had it) in windows.

EDIT: Here is a link I had bookmarked about disabling a GPU using SSDT: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/msi-g45-z87-gaming-mac-os-high-sierra-guide.249660/ You may be able to tweak things to disable your 2080.

Everything works fine now! Graphics, Wifi, Audio, everything working like it should be! I also spoofed my RTX 2080 Successfully! Thanks so much!

Black Screen after apple logo sapphire rx580 nitro+:

I have a bit of an odd situation I recently purchased an rx580 hearing that it has native macOS support and that it was plug n' play, but it hasn't turned out true.

I have a modded hp compaq elite 8300cmt with an upgraded psu that has worked in previous configurations with nvidia cards.
Currently running High Sierra 10.13.6 with current clover download
Card works great on my windows partition

I've gone through several tutorials on how to fix it, none have been helpful.
The closest issue I've seen has been on asus boards where you need to disable the csm.
However disabling legacy boot, the closest thing I could find to csm, causes my monitor to not respond at all even before the clover boot loader.

any ideas?

Black Screen after apple logo sapphire rx580 nitro+:
... snip ...
any ideas?
Solution is insanely simple:

1. In BIOS Features change from default Other OS to Windows 8/10
this step is essential: CSM is configurable only when Windows 8/10 Features is set to Windows 8/10 or Windows 8/10
WHQL

2. Now CSM option is visible and configurable. Change CSM to Disabled.

That's almost all, but wait.
You probably have meanwhile messed with Clover and your your Clover Graphic Configuration is most likely screwed up. Before going on you have to verify if your Clover Graphic section is adequate. Clear every value in Graphic Section and leave just ig-platform-id. This value must reflect your actual hardware configuration. For my I3 6300 (HD Graphics 530) i have ig-platform-id 0x19120000. Select yours. Clear all other values. Disregard suggestions to enter "FB name" or "Video Ports" value. Now set "Inject ATI"=TRUE and "RadeonDeint"=TRUE.

Now, that's really all but, still there's more.
Before using your RX580 you have to attain Graphic acceleration on your iGPU and then you'll have just to plug in RX580 and enjoy. To do so, temporary remove your RX580 from the rig or simply disconnect PCIe power cable from your new graphics card. Otherwise, RX580 would hijack your display too early and you wouldn't be able to solve the problem. Reconnect it after you have attained QE/CI and Metal with your iGPU only. If you still do not have acceleration use the latest WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu kext. Also verify in Clover Acpi section you have adequate Patches (HDAS to HDEF, GFX0 to IGPU).

Never surrender. That isn't so hard.

NB: I have a slightly different Graphic card: Sapphire RX 580 Pulse (Device ID: 0x067df, Revision ID: 0x00e7, EFI Driver Version: 01:00.3180). However, this method would work for you too.

Last edited:
Solution is insanely simple:

1. In BIOS Features change from default Other OS to Windows 8/10
this step is essential: CSM is configurable only when Windows 8/10 Features is set to Windows 8/10 or Windows 8/10
WHQL

2. Now CSM option is visible and configurable. Change CSM to Disabled.

That's almost all, but wait.
You probably have meanwhile messed with Clover and your your Clover Graphic Configuration is most likely screwed up. Before going on you have to verify if your Clover Graphic section is adequate. Clear every value in Graphic Section and leave just ig-platform-id. This value must reflect your actual hardware configuration. For my I3 6300 (HD Graphics 530) i have ig-platform-id 0x19120000. Select yours. Clear all other values. Disregard suggestions to enter "FB name" or "Video Ports" value. Now set "Inject ATI"=TRUE and "RadeonDeint"=TRUE.

Now, that's really all but, still there's more.
Before using your RX580 you have to attain Graphic acceleration on your iGPU and then you'll have just to plug in RX580 and enjoy. To do so, temporary remove your RX580 from the rig or simply disconnect PCIe power cable from your new graphics card. Otherwise, RX580 would hijack your display too early and you wouldn't be able to solve the problem. Reconnect it after you have attained QE/CI and Metal with your iGPU only. If you still do not have acceleration use the latest WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu kext. Also verify in Clover Acpi section you have adequate Patches (HDAS to HDEF, GFX0 to IGPU).

Never surrender. That isn't so hard.

NB: I have a slightly different Graphic card: Sapphire RX 580 Pulse (Device ID: 0x067df, Revision ID: 0x00e7, EFI Driver Version: 01:00.3180). However, this method would work for you too.

Thank you a ton! I'm surprised someone with such a similar hardware config was able to get back to me the next day. I'll get on it and report back. thanks again!

You're welcome.
Meanwhile there is a correction:
Inject ATI"=FALSE and "RadeonDeint"=FALSE.
Here is the result followed by a screenshot of my Clover Graphic Section:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 10.56.07.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 10.56.07.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 552
  • Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 11.05.05.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 11.05.05.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 580
  • Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 11.06.52.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 11.06.52.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 554
One more correction:
Now, it is even much simpler: complete Clover Graphics Section should be left blank, including the ig-platform-id.
It appears that Lilu + WEG provide solution to the problem by themselves, without the user intervention.
I have seen elsewhere suggestions/inquiries how to do this without these two kexts. Why if this works and is the state of the art of Hackintoshing?
Screenshot 2019-07-22 at 06.18.43.pngScreenshot 2019-07-22 at 06.16.43.png

Because it doesn't work for all cards. Because one solution was discovered and it takes time for it to be added to WEG. My solution was to simply use one of the other ports on my RX580. I found 2 worked and 2 didn't. The RX 580 is an old card, and you have the benefit of all the people that came before you to figure it all out and make it easy. It's one of the reasons you really don't want to buy the latest and greatest when you hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back