Motherboard
Asus Max Hero XIII Z590
CPU
i7-11700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Finally got Mojave up and running on an old legacy 6 series board. I am now having two issues with the GPU. Firstly, two of my four ports don't properly work. I have 1 HDMI and 3 DP on an MSI RX 580 8GB board. The HDMI and the DP immediately beside it display the attached photo. Ports 3 and 4 work, but they have another issue: I am limited to a 30 Hz refresh rate. Thing is, 50 and 60 Hz are displayed, but if I click on them then the display also looks like the attached photo.

It seems especially weird because in my Sierra 10.12.6 setup all ports work and I can get (thru DP with adapter to HDMI) full 2160 x 3840 (1080p Hi Dpi) at 60 Hz and even 10 bit with Switchresx.

I've tried all sorts of things: Lilu/WEG, injecting ATI thru Clover with # of ports, device ID, Vendor ID etc, injecting VBIOS from the ROM folder etc etc. Right now I'm running a very plain vanilla config.plist with no graphics injections and the card seems to have full acceleration on ports 3 & 4 and shows up as RX 580 8192 MB in about this mac.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get all ports working/how to fix refresh rate? RX 580 bad ports.JPG

Finally got Mojave up and running on an old legacy 6 series board. I am now having two issues with the GPU. Firstly, two of my four ports don't properly work. I have 1 HDMI and 3 DP on an MSI RX 580 8GB board. The HDMI and the DP immediately beside it display the attached photo. Ports 3 and 4 work, but they have another issue: I am limited to a 30 Hz refresh rate. Thing is, 50 and 60 Hz are displayed, but if I click on them then the display also looks like the attached photo.

It seems especially weird because in my Sierra 10.12.6 setup all ports work and I can get (thru DP with adapter to HDMI) full 2160 x 3840 (1080p Hi Dpi) at 60 Hz and even 10 bit with Switchresx.

I've tried all sorts of things: Lilu/WEG, injecting ATI thru Clover with # of ports, device ID, Vendor ID etc, injecting VBIOS from the ROM folder etc etc. Right now I'm running a very plain vanilla config.plist with no graphics injections and the card seems to have full acceleration on ports 3 & 4 and shows up as RX 580 8192 MB in about this mac.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get all ports working/how to fix refresh rate?View attachment 359091

Have you tried different framebuffers? inject ATI and (Berbice, Baladi, OPM, Orinoco etc... They switched them up a bit in Mojave compared to high Sierra.

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 4.18.46 PM.png

Have you tried different framebuffers? inject ATI and (Berbice, Baladi, OPM, Orinoco etc... They switched them up a bit in Mojave compared to high Sierra.

View attachment 359092

Thanks for the reply. I'm currently not injecting one. I've only tried injecting Dayman, as I was told that was likely the one my card would use. It seemed to make no difference. Inject ATI box was ticked when I did it. This is a good avenue to explore, though, as it is relatively easy to do. Should I just start at the beginning of the clover list and work my way through? Any other boxes to tick when I do it?

Thanks for the reply. I'm currently not injecting one. I've only tried injecting Dayman, as I was told that was likely the one my card would use. It seemed to make no difference. Inject ATI box was ticked when I did it. This is a good avenue to explore, though, as it is relatively easy to do. Should I just start at the beginning of the clover list and work my way through? Any other boxes to tick when I do it?

Yes, just test them all and see if one works for you. Just place the name and inject ATI.

Yes, just test them all and see if one works for you. Just place the name and inject ATI.

I tried injecting framebuffers from AMD 8000, 9000, 9300, 9500, 9510, 9515, and 9520. Mostly they gave exactly the same result as no injection. A few would give no image whatsoever. Only one (partially) worked. Acre, in the 9500 controller, gives me fully functioning HDMI 4K, 60 Hz, 10 bit, with audio. The only problem is, none of the other 3 display ports work. I normally run one cable to the TV and one to my amp, for surround sound. My options seem to be: live with TV audio, get an HDMI splitter, insert kexts from 10.12.6, or find some way to patch the kext to get the other ports working. It may be workable, but I'd love to get at least one more port working.

Looking at ioreg it seems my display device is seen as display@0. I attempted a SSDT patch using my DSDT dump (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ssdt-gpu-graphics-card-injection.183354) to get the device recognized as GFX0 (I'm running 14,2 system definition) but it doesn't appear to have done anything. It seems to have compiled OK, so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. I've attached my ioreg and SSDT

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    188 bytes · Views: 181
  • ioreg.ioreg
    14.2 MB · Views: 135
Solved. Properly patched SSDT to create GFX0 using the above guide. Then did a framebuffer patch through clover to activate an extra displayport. Just had to reverse 4 lousy digits. Full 8 channel sound to my amp through DP, full graphics acceleration on the TV with 4K/60 Hz/10 bit through HDMI. Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back