RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
On my P55m-UD2 V1.1 board the integrated RTL8111D NIC is stable, but during booting it switches back to 100mbit - regardless what I've set the NIC manually before.

If I manually set the NIC to manual / 1000BaseT / full duplex etc. in the advanced settings this works - until the next boot. Then I can see the green LED changing to yellow on my GB-Switch during the boot process.
=> settings to 1Gbit are stored even the system is off (switch LED is green). During the boot process something switches to 100mbit without need.

Any solutions?

Re: RTL8111D / RealtekR1000SL.kext switches to 100mbit at boot

Really no one has this problem too?

hell you're lucky you can even get gigabit speed! I have the same card on my P55A-UD4P and if I manually set the speed to gigabit, it connects detecting a gigabit link, but transfers are only like 3 MB/s. I'm using the same driver in 64 bit 10.6.4. Anyway I don't have your problem, but I'd prefer it!

theslug said:
hell you're lucky you can even get gigabit speed! I have the same card on my P55A-UD4P and if I manually set the speed to gigabit, it connects detecting a gigabit link, but transfers are only like 3 MB/s. I'm using the same driver in 64 bit 10.6.4. Anyway I don't have your problem, but I'd prefer it!
The good news is that there is an official driver from Realtek, the bad news is that it is 32-bit only.

If you want to try it, I posted it in this topic viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2310

I have to excuse me!
It was my fault.

Thanks for help!

When I did (again) a clean install, the NIC doesn't forget its configuration.
The error came through Migration Assistent tool, where a old kext from my old hackintosh came in, making trouble. The bad boys name is "lspcidrv.kext"

Network is perfect now with standard installation and this kexts:

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2010-07-01 um 16.07.12.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2010-07-01 um 16.07.12.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 498

kiu77 said:
The bad boys name is "lspcidrv.kext"

Even that is wrong.
It is much simpler:
The migrated ethernet configuration from my old macx86 is guilty alone!

On my P55m-UD2 V1.1 board the integrated RTL8111D NIC is stable, but during booting it switches back to 100mbit - regardless what I've set the NIC manually before.

If I manually set the NIC to manual / 1000BaseT / full duplex etc. in the advanced settings this works - until the next boot. Then I can see the green LED changing to yellow on my GB-Switch during the boot process.
=> settings to 1Gbit are stored even the system is off (switch LED is green). During the boot process something switches to 100mbit without need.

Any solutions?

I have a clean install and my NIC isn't allowing. Where are you manually turning it on to giga? and should I even use any of the drivers from multibeast? None of them are my chipset... I would of messaged you, but it wouldn't let me... Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back