Contribute
Register

[Solved] Rock solid system randomly freezes after 10.12.4 update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z490m pro-4
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
Vega 64 (flashed Vega 56)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experienced this. My system was running perfectly. After the recent update my mouse will freeze, and I look over to my second screen where a video is usually playing, and the picture is frozen, but the sound is still playing. I can SSH into the system, but i am unable to even reboot the system remotely. I have updated clover and every kext I can think of. I am using an Nvidia card with web drivers so it doesn't seem to be related to the Intel freezing that others have been experiencing. The Console is of no help either. I suspect that it is related to Safari, but i'm not certain yet.

On which system do you have the issues, Z170m-d3h or P55A-UD3?

Sorry can't help yet, but ... me too. Rock solid system now freezes after 15-30 minutes uptime. Caps-Lock light still on/offs when pressed so it seems USB is still working.

It has got less frequent since I went back to 10.12.3 and then re-installed the update.

No idea what the cause is.

Sorry can't help yet, but ... me too. Rock solid system now freezes after 15-30 minutes uptime. Caps-Lock light still on/offs when pressed so it seems USB is still working.

It has got less frequent since I went back to 10.12.3 and then re-installed the update.

No idea what the cause is.

Mine is way less frequent. It has been happening once per day and usually when I have a bunch of tabs open in safari and have a video playing. If I SSH in and run the "top" command, it usually shows a "webkit" process as "stuck". I'm not sure if it's related.

Mine is way less frequent. It has been happening once per day and usually when I have a bunch of tabs open in safari and have a video playing. If I SSH in and run the "top" command, it usually shows a "webkit" process as "stuck". I'm not sure if it's related.

Ah, perhaps not the same cause then. If video over the web is causing it, it may be Silverlight or Flash. Disabling Silverlight stopped strange browser behaviour :)

Hello. I can confirm Safari video is freezing the system. It happened a while back and the solution was to patch a Kext .

AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
Find 48898ba8 000000
Replace 90909090 909090
isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 (10.11.6 & 10.12

After the 10.12.4 update it happens again, even with that patch. Obviously, this fix needs an update. Any help?

Hello. I can confirm Safari video is freezing the system. It happened a while back and the solution was to patch a Kext .

AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
Find 48898ba8 000000
Replace 90909090 909090
isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 (10.11.6 & 10.12

After the 10.12.4 update it happens again, even with that patch. Obviously, this fix needs an update. Any help?

These problems seem to be focused around Intel Graphics. I have mine disabled.

Ah, perhaps not the same cause then. If video over the web is causing it, it may be Silverlight or Flash. Disabling Silverlight stopped strange browser behaviour :)

I don't have silverlight installed in my internet plugins folder. I trashed Flash. We will see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back