ASUS Z370-A Prime
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi,

I had this issue once before but can't remember the solution....
when I shutdown my hack it goes down as usual but in stead of staying off it restarts after a few seconds.

I thought about some Bios settings but this does not seem to be the issue. I had all set to optimised defaults - so I guess it should be ok.
Other than that it's running fine.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
David

I have the exact same problem. I checked my BIOS settings and also did the "fixShutdown" checkbox in CloverConfigurator...

hi,
I finally found the reason for the issue: as soon as there is any USB device connected to the system it restarts after shutdown.
I got basically two devices on USB: A screen profiler (write ColorMunki) and the LG monitor, which has an internal USB hub. Attached the monitor there is a card reader for my online banking.
I tried disconnecting either or both. most of the time as soon as I got one connected the system restarts instead of shutting down.
After a bit of playing around I found that the Monitor seems to be the issue - but it's not entirely clear. It might also be the specific port or a combination of ports being used that cause the issue.

I now got a combination where both USB devices are connected and the hack shuts down properly.

I got rid of this problem completely after I unchecked the box “Reopen Windows When Logging Back In”. Which appears when you click "shutdown" in the menu in the topleft corner. Since 3 month I've had no boot issues anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back