CPU
i5-4210U
Graphics
HD 4400, Radeon R7
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I use RehabMan's version of VoodooPS2Controller and my keyboard generates PS2 codes.
The PS2 code generated for F2/F3 (brightness down/up) are 3c and 3d.

My issue is:
VoodooPS2Keyboard->Info.plist->IOKitPersonalities->ApplePS2Keyboard->Platform Profile
lists a few manufacturers and I'm not sure which one I should modify.

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L50-B with Haswell (Not sure if this is relevant).
Modifying it in Default->Custom ADB Map resulted in kernel ommitting kext due to incorrect permissions.

Last edited:
I use RehabMan's version of VoodooPS2Controller and my keyboard generates PS2 codes. The PS2 code generated for F2/F3 (brightness down/up) are 3c and 3d. My issue is:
VoodooPS2Keyboard->Info.plist->IOKitPersonalities->ApplePS2Keyboard->Platform Profile
lists a few manufacturers and I'm not sure which one I should modify. My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L50-B with Haswell (Not sure if this is relevant). Modifying it in Default->Custom ADB Map resulted in kernel ommitting kext due to incorrect permissions.

Not a desktop, moved to laptop support.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

Sorry, didn't get you? That is the guide I've been referring to. It says

and the link doesn't specify how to determine which Platform Profile to modify

You're trying to map the wrong keys. 3c/3d are not your brightness keys. They are standard Fx keys.

You need to press the correct keys (verify in Windows). It is likely your keys are handled in ACPI, not PS2.

Linux controls brightness with Fn+F2 and Fn+F3 whereas Windows controls brightness with F2 and F3 (BIOS has Swap Fn+fkeys with fkeys enabled).
Console log returns 3c/3d (F2/F3) but no output for Fn+F2/Fn+F3

Linux controls brightness with Fn+F2 and Fn+F3 whereas Windows controls brightness with F2 and F3 (BIOS has Swap Fn+fkeys with fkeys enabled).
Console log returns 3c/3d (F2/F3) but no output for Fn+F2/Fn+F3

It is because your keys are handled via ACPI. Read the guide (already linked).

Also, once you patch ACPI correctly, you will likely find your volume/brightness keys switch to the same as used by Windows (honoring the setting in BIOS): http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back