CPU
i7 8550u
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys.

My second post, ever.
Now 5 years later I have my work laptop (X1 Carbon 6th) almost perfectly working.
I'm a big lurker and gathered all my information from the internet. Thanks internet people and special thanks to RehabMan!
I'm a developer and not so bad in troubleshooting my own stuff. But now I'm stuck at three things.
My Bluetooth (which I'm not addressing in this thread), my HDMI Audio/Hotplug (not addressing this problem here either)
and a dedicated screenshot key on my keyboard which oddly disables my touchpad.
This thread is about the latter.

The Lenovo X1 Carbon 2018 has a key which is labeled "Print" with a snipping tool icon. In windows it immediately starts the snipping tool. In macOS it disables my touchpad.
There is no key event which I can see in Karabiner. Karabiner is working fine for all other keys.

Is there a possibility to remap this key with ACPI? Googling this is very hard, because I only find result for remapable keys that have capturable keycodes or result that address some peoples request who want a key on there hackintosh which disables the touchpad.

If you could guide me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Kilian

Bump after 24h

Hi Guys.

My second post, ever.
Now 5 years later I have my work laptop (X1 Carbon 6th) almost perfectly working.
I'm a big lurker and gathered all my information from the internet. Thanks internet people and special thanks to RehabMan!
I'm a developer and not so bad in troubleshooting my own stuff. But now I'm stuck at three things.
My Bluetooth (which I'm not addressing in this thread), my HDMI Audio/Hotplug (not addressing this problem here either)
and a dedicated screenshot key on my keyboard which oddly disables my touchpad.
This thread is about the latter.

The Lenovo X1 Carbon 2018 has a key which is labeled "Print" with a snipping tool icon. In windows it immediately starts the snipping tool. In macOS it disables my touchpad.
There is no key event which I can see in Karabiner. Karabiner is working fine for all other keys.

Is there a possibility to remap this key with ACPI? Googling this is very hard, because I only find result for remapable keys that have capturable keycodes or result that address some peoples request who want a key on there hackintosh which disables the touchpad.

If you could guide me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Kilian

It is probably handled in ACPI.
Read brightness key guide (see link in FAQ) for clues as to how you might address it.

Thank you. will have a look tomorrow :)

Thank you rehabman.
I tried ACPI Debug and PS2 debug.
Everything worked as you described in your tutorial.
PS2 remap was the solution for me.

I fixed my bluetooth, too.
I did a vanilla install, so no kexts in S/L/E.
So i tried to use the BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext.
Sadly this didnt work out. Had to install BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext into S/L/E.

In the next days i will open another thread about my last issue.
My HDMI is only working sometimes. And sometimes when i plug it in, my active session crashes and i have to freshly login. And the HDMI audio device is making weird loud noises from time to time.

But this thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back