Contribute
Register

[Solved] Recovery server could not be contacted - No ethernet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because 8.1.0 did not have the recovery server issue.

You can always add the new Clover build to it.

8.1.0 didn't work for me. Recreated everything from scratch (again) to the USB thumb drive then installed the 8.1.0 to it, and when I booted the USB drive, the Clover bootloader screen didn't show any choices for booting (as in, there was no choice for booting from the USB drive). Nothing there. Empty.

I had half a day free to do an install, but I wasted most of it just screwing around with broken Unibeast configs. I don't have the time (or knowledge) to figure it out. I'll wait for a working Unibeast.

Is there a good place/thread to monitor the status of Unibeast?

8.1.0 didn't work for me. Recreated everything from scratch (again) to the USB thumb drive then installed the 8.1.0 to it, and when I booted the USB drive, the Clover bootloader screen didn't show any choices for booting (as in, there was no choice for booting from the USB drive). Nothing there. Empty.

I had half a day free to do an install, but I wasted most of it just screwing around with broken Unibeast configs. I don't have the time (or knowledge) to figure it out. I'll wait for a working Unibeast.
You can use this method :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/

Is there a good place/thread to monitor the status of Unibeast?

Check the downloads link at the top of the page - New version will be 8.3.2.

There is now a new version of UniBeast available under Downloads. This fixed the issue for me and I was able to install it successfully.

Thank you very much for the support

There is now a new version of UniBeast available under Downloads. This fixed the issue for me and I was able to install it successfully.

Thank you very much for the support

I've tested 8.3.2 today as well. Left the ethernet cable unplugged and it worked normally. Didn't get the "cannot connect to recovery server."

Make sure your machine in connected to the internet, via a compatible WiFi card or Ethernet.
To enable Ethernet, put the kext for your network interface into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other on the EFI partition of your USB installer or boot disk.

Launch Terminal and type:
Code:
ntpdate -u time.apple.com
If you receive "operation not permitted" put sudo in front of the command.
Code:
sudo ntpdate -u time.apple.com
Proceed normally.

For Realtek RTL8111H use the kext from RealtekRTL8111-V2.2.2.zip
It's correct, this is the solution. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back