Contribute
Register

[Solved] Recovery server could not be contacted - No ethernet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
UniBeast has been updated to overcome this situation.
Download UniBeast and create a new installer.

Sadly the new version of UniBeast didn't overcome the problem in my situation. I still have exactly the same problem as before. Anymore ideas?

I'm trying this today using the Unibeast, and things are really weird. If I get to the mac OS installer, it says REinstall mac OS, and I also get "the recovery server cannot be contacted" when I try to start the installer.

Why do I need a network connection to the recovery server? My USB drive has the full installer on it. Is this something new Apple has done to High Sierra? It's never needed it before...

How to get past this without having a network connection?

Why do I need a network connection to the recovery server? My USB drive has the full installer on it.
It was a problem with Clover/UniBeast 8.3.1.
UniBeast 8.3.1 has been reworked and should now be ok.

It was a problem with Clover/UniBeast 8.3.1.
UniBeast 8.3.1 has been reworked and should now be ok.

Reworked in the last hour or so? I downloaded Unibeast from here about 2 hours ago and that is what I am using.
If was literally just reworked within the last hour then i'll redownload it. Otherwise, it's still broken.

Reworked in the last hour or so? I downloaded Unibeast from here about 2 hours ago and that is what I am using.
If was literally just reworked within the last hour then i'll redownload it. Otherwise, it's still broken.
Half an hour ago.
UniBeast 8.3.1 has now been fixed to allow for offline installations- redownload it and recreate your installation USB.

Half an hour ago.

Still no joy. The installer has changed from "Reinstall macOS" to "Install macOS", but when I choose that, I still get the "cannot connect to recovery server" error.

I did recreate my USB thumb drive from scratch again, so no lingering stuff from the the broken 8.3.1.

Still no joy. The installer has changed from "Reinstall macOS" to "Install macOS", but when I choose that, I still get the "cannot connect to recovery server" error.

I did recreate my USB thumb drive from scratch again, so no lingering stuff from the the broken 8.3.1.
Use UniBeast 8.1.0 until they figure out what's wrong now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back