ASUS PRIME Z370-P
CPU
Intel Core i7-8700
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 TI OC 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello guys,

I set up the USB using OSX High Sierra and UniBeast 8.3. During the installation I run into following problem:
  • The Installation aborts with the message "The recovery server could not be contacted"
  • The date is set correctly. However, as suggested in other threads the command:
    ntpdate -u time.apple.com
    did not work --> "Can't find host time.apple.com..." (Anyway the date is set correctly by the system)
  • Checking the Network Utility or "ifconfig" the Link Status of the network interface changes in the frequency of seconds between "Active" and "Inactive".
The Network Model is Realtek RTL8111H

I added a screenshot of the ifconfig output and the installation problem.

Thank you very much in advance of any help

IMG_7509 (1).jpg install.jpg

USB/EFI/Clover/Kext/Other/realtekALC.kext

Edit: Sorry, it's actually a RealtekRTL8111.kext and not realtekALC.kext as BreBo mentioned below.

Last edited:
Make sure your machine in connected to the internet, via a compatible WiFi card or Ethernet.
To enable Ethernet, put the kext for your network interface into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other on the EFI partition of your USB installer or boot disk.

Launch Terminal and type:
Code:
If you receive "operation not permitted" put sudo in front of the command.
Code:
sudo ntpdate -u time.apple.com
Proceed normally.

For Realtek RTL8111H use the kext from RealtekRTL8111-V2.2.2.zip

Make sure your machine in connected to the internet, via a compatible WiFi card or Ethernet.
To enable Ethernet, put the kext for your network interface into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other on the EFI partition of your USB installer or boot disk.

Code:
Code:
Proceed normally.

Hello BreBro

The computer is connected to the Internet. However, because the Ethernet Adapter changes from "Active" to "Inactive" constantly, the command to update the time is unsuccessful --> "Can't find host time.apple.com..."

I tried the idea to replace the standard RTL8111 kext with the provided one. Sadly this didn't improve anything either.

Hello BreBro

The computer is connected to the Internet. However, because the Ethernet Adapter changes from "Active" to "Inactive" constantly, the command to update the time is unsuccessful --> "Can't find host time.apple.com..."

I tried the idea to replace the standard RTL8111 kext with the provided one. Sadly this didn't improve anything either.
UniBeast has been updated to overcome this situation.
Download UniBeast and create a new installer.

I still have the same error with UniBeast 8.3.1.
I will try to connect to Internet but first need to figure out what network interface to use and find the right Kext.
I am using a Gigabyte Z370N Wifi.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
@XavLNK, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
I will try to connect to Internet but first need to figure out what network interface to use and find the right Kext.
2 x Intel GbE LAN chips (10/100/1000 Mbit).
Try the IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Thanks BreBo,

Profile updated.
I'll try the suggested kext.
Will the 2 Ethernet ports be equally supported?

Code:
Code:
Proceed normally.

this is the fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back