Contribute
Register

[Solved] Recovery Partition in HS APFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170 PRO
CPU
I7 << need full model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
i have a small problem .. i would like to have Network support in Recovery partition on my Hackintosh High Sierra.
If i boot on HS the network is working correctly.
If i boot on HS Recovery the Recovery start, but i'm unable to use network, i have Time machine on a NAS and i don't manage to access it.

Tks in advance
Fabrizio

Hi,
i have a small problem .. i would like to have Network support in Recovery partition on my Hackintosh High Sierra.
If i boot on HS the network is working correctly.
If i boot on HS Recovery the Recovery start, but i'm unable to use network, i have Time machine on a NAS and i don't manage to access it.

Tks in advance
Fabrizio

Make sure Clover is injecting your networking kext (eg. the kext is in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other, and config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect).

Also, you will need to use ForceKextsToLoad for IONetworkingFamily.
Refer to the plists linked from my laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Dear RehabMan,
many thanks for prompt reply.. now i will try to read.. but the fact the Kext are already on the /efi clover folder is not enough ? when i boot mackintosh everything is working correctly and the problem is only when i boot from recovery partition.
is it possible that problem is due to the fact that i have both AppleIntel1000e and atheros2200e ?
Which one i should keep ? My MB is z170-pro with intel i219-V.
As the system is working and almost stable (except Nvidia gtx660) i was afraid to remove one of the 2 kexts.

Fabrizio

Schermata 2017-10-15 alle 17.32.57.png

Dear RehabMan,
many thanks for prompt reply.. now i will try to read.. but the fact the Kext are already on the /efi clover folder is not enough ? when i boot mackintosh everything is working correctly and the problem is only when i boot from recovery partition.
is it possible that problem is due to the fact that i have both AppleIntel1000e and atheros2200e ?
Which one i should keep ? My MB is z170-pro with intel i219-V.
As the system is working and almost stable (except Nvidia gtx660) i was afraid to remove one of the 2 kexts.

Fabrizio

View attachment 285871

It does no good to inject the ethernet kexts without also injecting IONetworkingFamily.kext.
This is why you need to use ForceKextsToLoad.
It is best to include only the ethernet kext(s) that correspond to the hardware you have.
In your case, you should have only IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

Hi RehabMan,
me again.. I read you guide, and deleted above 2 kext and substituted them with your IntelMausiEthernet and now i can access the network also from recovery partition.
Many thanks for your help.

Now I try to ask 1 more help
It does no good to inject the ethernet kexts without also injecting IONetworkingFamily.kext.
This is why you need to use ForceKextsToLoad.
It is best to include only the ethernet kext(s) that correspond to the hardware you have.
In your case, you should have only IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

Hi RehabMan,
me again.. I read you guide before your last reply, and deleted above 2 kext and substituted them with your IntelMausiEthernet and now i can access the network also from recovery partition. Should i put anyway IONetworkingFamily.kext ? Or as it is working both recovery and both normal boot it is enough ?

Now I try to ask 1 more help (they should be 2, but i read in the forum and probably there is no solution)
1) USB .. tried to read various post, but not able to understand ..
My MB has intel 3.0 and 3.1 USB i connected case USB 2.0 and 3.0 to internal port.
all 4 ports works with USB 2.0, if i connect usb 3.0 devices (usb key and hdd) they are not recognised, if i connect them to usb 2.0 port they work (at 2.0 speed) . I tried with some kext (USBInjectall, GenericUSBXHCI) but nothing changes.
Do you have any suggestion ?

2) the other problem (but i presume there is nothing i can do) is the Nvidia gtx 660, it create various artefacts no matter if i use lilu and nvidia web driver.

many thanks for previous post ... and in case for suggestions for above 2 problems

Fabrizio

Hi RehabMan,
me again.. I read you guide, and deleted above 2 kext and substituted them with your IntelMausiEthernet and now i can access the network also from recovery partition.
Many thanks for your help.

If it is working, it means IONetworkingFamily.kext is in the kernel cache associated with the recovery partition.
In that case, no need for ForceKextsToLoad.

Now I try to ask 1 more help (they should be 2, but i read in the forum and probably there is no solution)
1) USB .. tried to read various post, but not able to understand ..
My MB has intel 3.0 and 3.1 USB i connected case USB 2.0 and 3.0 to internal port.
all 4 ports works with USB 2.0, if i connect usb 3.0 devices (usb key and hdd) they are not recognised, if i connect them to usb 2.0 port they work (at 2.0 speed) . I tried with some kext (USBInjectall, GenericUSBXHCI) but nothing changes.
Do you have any suggestion ?

2) the other problem (but i presume there is nothing i can do) is the Nvidia gtx 660, it create various artefacts no matter if i use lilu and nvidia web driver.

many thanks for previous post ... and in case for suggestions for above 2 problems

Fabrizio

Off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back