Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 12.5 (Clover)
CPU
Intel Core m3-6Y30
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 515
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

I tried to install El Capitan on my Xiaomi MI Notebook air 12,5 inch laptop. But as soon as i choose to boot mac OS i get a black screen with a white apple logo which stays for a few seconds and after that the laptop reboots. I already tried lots of arguments but none of them have worked. How do i fix this? is it even possible for me to install mac OS on my laptop?

Hi there,
I am also trying to install macOS Sierra 10.12 onto Xiaomi notebook air 12.5.
CPU: Intel Core m3-6Y30
RAM: 4G

I made the install USB by using Unibeast.
However, with verbose boot I can see it stuck at "Service exited with abnormal code: 1".
Can't go any further from here. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I've tried:
-Updating FakeSMC.kext to latest
-Updating Clover to latest build
But with no luck. Output is still the same. Any help?

EDIT 2:
Yes, I know this is El Captain section, but posted here since we share the same laptop model

Last edited:
Awesome to see other people supporting Xiaomi outside of china! It gives me hope that one day they will market global instead of just china.

But anyway have you tried making a El Capitan usb? Because if you can get El Capitan on the notebook through clover uefi you can just download & install Sierre through the app store. That is what i wanted to do since Unibeast only gave me the option to create a El Capitan or a Yosemite

Yes, I had also tried to make 10.11.5 USB installer with Unibeast with no success, stuck at the same message "service exited with abnormal code: 1".
Note: You can actually make Sierra installer. All you need to do is to get the new Unibeast 7 instead of the old versions.

Not Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Ooh in that case i will try to install Sierra as well tonight or tomorrow to see if we run into the same problems

Ooh in that case i will try to install Sierra as well tonight or tomorrow to see if we run into the same problems

Good luck then.
I'm making a new installer with another USB flash drive to see if it make difference.
I'll keep updating here.

Hi guys,

I tried to install El Capitan on my Xiaomi MI Notebook air 12,5 inch laptop. But as soon as i choose to boot mac OS i get a black screen with a white apple logo which stays for a few seconds and after that the laptop reboots. I already tried lots of arguments but none of them have worked. How do i fix this? is it even possible for me to install mac OS on my laptop?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

I went to install Sierra now, when i launched it i got the screen with the apple logo and a loading. after the loading bar finished it showes mie some instructions about the mouse and something about a switch on the side of a laptop and i cant get any further

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back