Contribute
Register

[solved] Really slow start-up 5-6 mins always

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the TrimEnabler kext. I fixed my setup by reverting to HFS+, but great find. I've got no trim patches in my kextstopatch section, and I don't recall enabling trim by using sudo trimforce enable, yet trim is on for my NVME drive. I'm a little hesitant to disable it with sudo trimforce disable just to go back to APFS on a system that I have finally worked out all the bugs on - I might try taking a backup later, then disabling trim after cloning the system back to an APFS drive. The shim 2 thing was last on my list to fix after getting my atto card to work to use my lto5 drive.

I don't have the TrimEnabler kext. I fixed my setup by reverting to HFS+, but great find. I've got no trim patches in my kextstopatch section, and I don't recall enabling trim by using sudo trimforce enable, yet trim is on for my NVME drive. I'm a little hesitant to disable it with sudo trimforce disable just to go back to APFS on a system that I have finally worked out all the bugs on - I might try taking a backup later, then disabling trim after cloning the system back to an APFS drive.

Should not be using Apples trimforce on a Hack. Better to use Clovers KextToPatch.

VioletDragon - Last thing, Native Power Management

I added my AML back. Does this mean it is working? https://cl.ly/0P2k1Z3y2R1k

IO Service also attached.

Attachments

• Bary Hackintosh 3.ioreg
    8.5 MB · Views: 154
Thanks for all of your help troubleshooting and improving my install. If it wasn't for you guys (VioletDragon and Rehabman especially) I would still be stuck with a slow booting system.

I consider this SOLVED! :clap::clap::clap::headbang:

Thanks for all of your help troubleshooting and improving my install. If it wasn't for you guys (VioletDragon and Rehabman especially) I would still be stuck with a slow booting system.

I consider this SOLVED! :clap::clap::clap::headbang:

Personally you should sort your Audio out. You already have a set of Pin Configs in SSDT-GFX0 & in realtekALC. The whole point why I implemented pinconfigs via ACPI is to pair with CodecCommander to Fix Audio from Sleep. RealtekALC is something thats never needed with that kind of setup.

Personally you should sort your Audio out. You already have a set of Pin Configs in SSDT-GFX0 & in realtekALC. The whole point why I implemented pinconfigs via ACPI is to pair with CodecCommander to Fix Audio from Sleep. RealtekALC is something thats never needed with that kind of setup.

Truth be known, getting sound back is the last thing I have to do. I am just so happy we have resolved the other issues.

The reason I found that TrimEnabler text was because I was looking for CodecCommander. I had a lot of old Kexts that I was able to delete.

I do have CodecCommander, I updated it to a newer one. Installed via KextInstaller.

I have Audio Inject 1 as part of Audio Devices. I see my outs but LineOut isn't giving me any sound (yet) https://cl.ly/0M2q111O1y2p

Do I need these boot arguments?
  1. Add config.plist/Boot/Arguments/ -lilubeta -alcbeta
https://cl.ly/0C2V2C3e0O3O

Try them - they can't hurt. If they don't change anything, you can always remove them. Hit space at boot and add them for a test. If it fixes audio, add them to your config.plist.

I added the boot args and sound is working again.

I think I have a fully working system!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back