Contribute
Register

[solved] Really slow start-up 5-6 mins always

Status
Not open for further replies.
baryw, have you made a carbon copy clone of the system, booted from it, reverted your normal boot disk back to hfs+ and then cloned the backup back? that got rid of the Legacy Shim 2 stall for me - just a suggestion. It appears APFS, as VioletDragon suggested, and I discovered just prior to his post by reverting mine to HFS+, is the cause of the stall. APFS just doesn't like hacks.

I would not recommend using APFS on a Hack. Personally TRIM & APFS is not a good combination a Hack. Better to stay with HFS+. and use startosinstall.

Code:
/Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO

Ah hah! so you just boot the USB installer, partition your boot disk the way you like it with disk utility, then launch terminal and use that command to start the installer, which bypasses the (normally automated/forced) conversion to APFS.

Ah hah! so you just boot the USB installer, partition your boot disk the way you like it with disk utility, then launch terminal and use that command to start the installer, which bypasses the (normally automated/forced) conversion to APFS.

No. You run startosinstall in Terminal in 10.12.6. Probably the same with a Fresh Install but will be different Terminal Commands. not tried yet.

Incorrect. Powermanagement is not implemented. X86PlatformPlugin is not loaded. cloverALC is not needed. SSDT-GFX0 has pinconfigs. Probably need to use Audio Layout 1. Your Config is such a mess probably better to reinstall.
SSDT-GFX0 is patching ACPI not for Powermanagement. SSDT.aml is for Powermanagement.

PowerManagment - Ok, thanks for the clarification. I will re-add my SSDT.aml to the patched folder. I wasn't sure if you could have two in there.
CloverALC - It used to be Audio Layout 1. I will change it back and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for your help.

PowerManagment - Ok, thanks for the clarification. I will re-add my SSDT.aml to the patched folder. I wasn't sure if you could have two in there.
CloverALC - It used to be Audio Layout 1. I will change it back and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for your help.

You can have as many SSDTs you want theres no Limit. Attach Clover Folder with Themes Removed ZIP attach. Have you installed CodecCommander?

The problem is APFS + TRIM + certain SSD hardware.

I deactivated TRIM trip via the command line and my computer restarted. I am trying to check SystemInformation SATA/ SATAExpress but it is hanging. Just a spinning circle.

I can also check for a newer firmware for the SSD.

I deactivated TRIM trip via the command line and my computer restarted. I am trying to check SystemInformation SATA/ SATAExpress but it is hanging. Just a spinning circle.

I can also check for a newer firmware for the SSD.

Sounds like your system is pretty messed up at this point.
Good idea to do a fresh install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back