Contribute
Register

[solved] Really slow start-up 5-6 mins always

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically I can start up my system. the problem is it take 5 min to log gin in to system. be hang on slim HD just one problem. as you see my screenshot. there are another problem about kext stall (60s) PCL8086,100 -- NVDAagl and IOResources. and about what you've just replay to me, that mean I have to make this session clear Or make more list of patches

VioletDragon - Success! I have been able to startup using your SSDT-GFX0 and post_install_nvidia_graphics. I did update some of the SMBIOS values on it but didn't change anything else. Thank you for your help!

The last thing I have to figure out is why my computer gets stuck on HID: Legacy shim 2 for about 3 minutes everytime I start up. I can see there is disk access going on during that time.

Thanks again for your help, sincerely appreciated.

Attach Problem Reporting Files. What BIOS Settings are you using?

I can confirm that it doesn't seem to have to do with USB. I removed most of the devices and it didn't change the startup time.

It takes me about 3:45 to get the login screen.

Attach Problem Reporting Files. What BIOS Settings are you using?

Violet Dragon - I am running a copy of your settings except that I have a nvdia GPU. I am using your your SSDT-GFX0 and post_install_nvidia_graphics.

My SSD is formatted to APFS which I suspect is the problem.

Latest problem files attached. Screenshots of verbose are also attached.

Attachments

• BaryHackintoshSep27.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 66
  • After it continues SS2.JPG
    After it continues SS2.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 84
  • Legacy Shim SS1.JPG
    Legacy Shim SS1.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 73
Violet Dragon - I am running a copy of your settings except that I have a nvdia GPU. I am using your your SSDT-GFX0 and post_install_nvidia_graphics.

My SSD is formatted to APFS which I suspect is the problem.

Latest problem files attached. Screenshots of verbose are also attached.

Disable the TRIM patch in config.plist.
TRIM + APFS + non-Apple SATA SSDs is probably a bad idea.

Disable the TRIM patch in config.plist.
TRIM + APFS + non-Apple SATA SSDs is probably a bad idea.

I have my TRIM enabled at the system level. What you have written makes sense. I will change and test.

I have my TRIM enabled at the system level.

No idea what you mean by "system level".
The TRIM patch is in your config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back