Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [Solved] Random kernel panic in Mojave 10.14 without keepsyms=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, both of them successfully loads usb power management. But both of them causes kernel panic several times before successfully booting.

No KP reports provided.
Had you used gen_debug.sh as suggested, such KP reports would be in the resulting ZIP...

Once you get it to boot and rebuild cache, is it stable?

Note: You should use RehabMan Clover build. Current Clover on sourceforge has serious issues with the ACPI patcher.

No KP reports provided.
Had you used gen_debug.sh as suggested, such KP reports would be in the resulting ZIP...

Once you get it to boot and rebuild cache, is it stable?

Note: You should use RehabMan Clover build. Current Clover on sourceforge has serious issues with the ACPI patcher.
Hi RehabMan. I just used gen_debug.sh to generate the files. files for both scenario is attached. Thanks!
Once booted, it is stable (except sleep). I switched to RehabMan Clover build, thanks to your advice!

Attachments

• PR 1st attempt with EC0 to EC rename.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 70
  • PR 2nd attempt with SSDT-EC aml.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 72
Hi RehabMan. I just used gen_debug.sh to generate the files. files for both scenario is attached. Thanks!
Once booted, it is stable (except sleep). I switched to RehabMan Clover build, thanks to your advice!

You might get a better KP report with keepsyms. Look at Clover spacebar menu.

And you might want to manually apply the EC0_ to EC__ patch just to see if it affects more than you think it should.
(eg. apply the patch to all DSDT+SSDTs with a tool like my 'binpatch', then disassemble all patched files, compare with origin disassembled files)
Edit: Just did it. No unexpected renames/changes.

You problem is probably something else... and the power properties loading just happen to expose it.

Last edited:
You might get a better KP report with keepsyms. Look at Clover spacebar menu.

And you might want to manually apply the EC0_ to EC__ patch just to see if it affects more than you think it should.
(eg. apply the patch to all DSDT+SSDTs with a tool like my 'binpatch', then disassemble all patched files, compare with origin disassembled files)
Edit: Just did it. No unexpected renames/changes.

You problem is probably something else... and the power properties loading just happen to expose it.
I wish I could, but a strange thing is that whenever I use keepsyms, the kernel panic is gone and I could successfully boot every time. Anyways, thanks for your help. I will post a solution if I figure this out.

I wish I could, but a strange thing is that whenever I use keepsyms, the kernel panic is gone and I could successfully boot every time. Anyways, thanks for your help. I will post a solution if I figure this out.

Stability/timing problem...

You should start eliminating things you don't need installed:
com.Cycling74.driver.Soundflower
org.pqrs.driver.Karabiner.VirtualHIDDevice.v060800
com.intel.driver.EnergyDriver
(you can add them later, one-by-one after stable boot)

Note: Should also have SATA-200-series-unsupported.kext for proper AHCI kext loading.

And should patch _OSI->XOSI + SSDT-XOSI.aml (for Windows spoofing in ACPI).

Also...
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Stability/timing problem...

You should start eliminating things you don't need installed:
com.Cycling74.driver.Soundflower
org.pqrs.driver.Karabiner.VirtualHIDDevice.v060800
com.intel.driver.EnergyDriver
(you can add them later, one-by-one after stable boot)

Note: Should also have SATA-200-series-unsupported.kext for proper AHCI kext loading.

And should patch _OSI->XOSI + SSDT-XOSI.aml (for Windows spoofing in ACPI).

Also...
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for your help! It seems like the problem is related to Clover and has been solved.
According to vit9696 on insanelymac:
"
Rev 4846
Fixes random kernel panics in macOS 10.14 upon boot when kext injection is used and keepsyms=1 boot argument is not provided. Now this should work just as normal like in 10.13 and lower.
"

Hi everyone :) my pc bootet always in verbose mode with keepsyms=1 and debug=0x100 am not able to disabled I have tried to unchecked -v from config.plist but unfortunately it didn't help please help me guys I have 2 time installed my hackintosh but still the same problem :( am not able to see the apple logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back