Contribute
Register

[solved] Random issues with bluetooth & sounds after sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally found working values, it seems that I do not have issues anymore (even if it's only been 2 days).
Here are the flags:
Code:
bpr_probedelay=100 bpr_initialdelay=300 bpr_postresetdelay=300
I am currently trying to reduce these values and will edit my answer when finding the minimal ones, but I first one see how long it can go working perfectly

OK.

Hi, @RehabMan

I'm also facing almost the same problem, intermittent/random BT problem after sleep-wake. Adding those kernel flags doesn't seem to work. Or maybe I just need to find the minimum-working value? I don't even understand what they (bpr_probedelay, etc) do, so how do I know which value to adjust? And how do I know that this is the real cause?

Please help
Thanks

Attachments

• debug_9236.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 74
Hi, @RehabMan

I'm also facing almost the same problem, intermittent/random BT problem after sleep-wake. Adding those kernel flags doesn't seem to work. Or maybe I just need to find the minimum-working value? I don't even understand what they (bpr_probedelay, etc) do, so how do I know which value to adjust? And how do I know that this is the real cause?

Please help
Thanks

The ioreg you attached shows no issues with bluetooth (eg. BrcmPatchRAM not deadlocked).

The ioreg you attached shows no issues with bluetooth (eg. BrcmPatchRAM not deadlocked).

That's because it was taken right after a reboot. It's fine until a sleep-wake process.

And, i just noticed that my bluetooth is actually fine even after sleep if it's turned ON. But since i did a fix for a "turn Bluetooth off", i don't keep my BT ON all the time. The BT will be broken if my laptop goes to sleep with BT turned OFF. The only thing i can do if it happen is turn BT ON and do another sleep-wake. Status bar will say BT not available, but i can see it from system preferences. And when i turn it ON from there, it actually turns ON in background, even it says it doesn't and can't connect to anything (checked with blueutil), i just need to put it to sleep and re-wake.

Anything i can do about this?

edit: it's not actually fine even if i turned my BT On before sleep. It's fine at the first time but then if i turn BT off, i can not turn it On again. so i think the real problem is: sleep-wake process breaks my "Turn Bluetooth On-Off button".
After sleep, the "turn bluetooth off" button works, but "turn bluetooth on" button need another sleep-wake process to work.

Here's my ioreg when the Bluetooth button is broken, also the log file when i pressed the button Off and then On again after sleep with BT On. please help.
Thankyou

Attachments

• Broken BT Button.zip
    664.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
That's because it was taken right after a reboot. It's fine until a sleep-wake process.

PR files must always represent the problem scenario.
The ioreg you attached here also shows BT in fine shape (BrcmPatchRAM is not hung).

And, i just noticed that my bluetooth is actually fine even after sleep if it's turned ON. But since i did a fix for a "turn Bluetooth off", i don't keep my BT ON all the time. The BT will be broken if my laptop goes to sleep with BT turned OFF.

Not sure what can be done here (and I'll verify with my u430)...
If the BT hardware is off, firmware may not be able to be loaded.
And when the BT hardware is turned back on, it may not load firmware.
Might be best just to keep the BT hardware turned on.

PR files must always represent the problem scenario.
The ioreg you attached here also shows BT in fine shape (BrcmPatchRAM is not hung).

Is there anything we can do to force BT to load firmware?

Is there anything we can do to force BT to load firmware?

Would require experimentation/changes to BrcmPatchRAM.
It is open source, so you're welcome to implement what you like.

How's your u430, btw?

I understand that maybe I need to keep my BT hardware ON while sleep-wake.
Then I can have my BT work after sleep, and confirm that I can connect devices properly. So in this state i can assume that firmware are uploaded correctly.
But even after that, I cannot switch BT off then on properly
(See my previous BT.log files)

Doesn't that mean the problem is not related to firmware uploading? The firmware is already uploaded correctly right after wake, right?

Last edited:
How's your u430, btw?

Works just fine (my BT controller is 0a5c:21fb)
I can turn off BT before sleep, no problem with BrcmPatchRAM on wake.
I can turn on/off BT after sleep (regardless of BT state prior to sleep).
Seems that turning BT on/off affects only the radio, not the entire BT controller, so loading firmware is not an issue.

Doesn't that mean the problem is not related to firmware uploading? The firmware is already uploaded correctly right after wake, right?

Your problem is probably something specific to your BT controller firmware.
(your device is probably different than mine, and probably uses different firmware).

Works just fine (my BT controller is 0a5c:21fb)
I can turn off BT before sleep, no problem with BrcmPatchRAM on wake.
I can turn on/off BT after sleep (regardless of BT state prior to sleep).
Seems that turning BT on/off affects only the radio, not the entire BT controller, so loading firmware is not an issue.

Your problem is probably something specific to your BT controller firmware.
(your device is probably different than mine, and probably uses different firmware).

My BT hardware is 0a5c:216f, it's DW1560 WiFi + BT bought from eBay. Isn't that a hardware that many people use for hackintosh?

Here I attached some BT logs.
1. BT logs when it's normal, right after a reboot, with normal functioning button
2. BT logs after the first sleep, it's totally broken, i can't even turn it on. the menu bar says that BT is unavailable, but i still can see it from BT preferences tried to turn it on from there, but not working
3. BT logs after the second or more sleep, it's random, sometimes it's totally broken, but sometimes it works, i can connect to devices. But not the button, i can turn it off but the "turn bluetooth on" button is broken

can you please help me to check them? is there any clue that might help?

Thankyou

Oh, and my USB ports are not properly ejected every sleep-wake process. Since BT is a USB device, i wonder if it may cause my BT problem as well?

Attachments

• BT Logs.zip
    29 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back