Contribute
Register

[Solved] Radeon RX 580 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the system crashed even when browsing videos in Finder.

The last lines in Console before reboot are this ones:

Jan 3 12:49:22 iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.quicklook[700]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.quicklook
Jan 3 12:49:50 iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.mdworker.lsb.02000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000): Service only ran for 2 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 8 seconds.
Jan 3 12:50:21 iMac Finder[387]: BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[mach_recv] monitored resource vanished before the source cancel handler was invoked
Jan 3 12:51:34 iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.quicklook[740]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.quicklook

Try this plist. I changed the definition to iMac 18.3 the Skylake and 17.1 definition has been causing issues since Sierra 12.6 even though it has the correct CPU users report better performance with 18.2-18.3 system definition. Try to set bios IGPU to 64mb minimum allocated ram, disable multiscreen and set PEG as primary display output. This should give you enough integrated graphics support to help smooth out FCPX.

FYI ... I tried to turn on the iGPU and the system boot didn't even get to the log-in screen.

I don't know what is PEG (set PEG as primary display output) ...

After the installation of the 7700K CPU, disabling again the iGPU and setting Clover/Graphics to the most basic settings (RadeonDeInit only) with Lilu and Whatevergreen and using the SMBIOS of iMac 18,3, I got to the most stable setup to this date (I am working without crashes already several hours). I hope it will remain like this ... (Edit: it did not ..., but still it took longer to freeze).

Now the second step is to find the reason, why the GPU does not perform like other users claim. Also I would like to unlock the H.265 encoding features of the GPU and CPU, but I will have to research how to do it. If You have any advice, I will be happy.

Last edited:
I can't make rx 580 work...I have Asus z370f i7 8700k high Sierra and always stuck in apple logo and after out of range

Pavo,

Your post reminded me of what I needed to fix because I forgot a step with the ATI Inject. Now my High Sierra is working/booting fine.

Thanks,
Bobacola

Use iMac 17,1 SMBIOS, AtiInject = No RadeonDeInit=No latest Lilu + Whatevergreen works fine. Upload your EFI folder as zip and I can fix it for you.
k4puiww.png

I just got a RX580... It appears in System Report as supported...
BUT the DVI connector does not seem to turn on...
An HDMI connector does turn on.
And a Displayport turns on
Tried connecting more than two monitors, but the other ports didn't turn on...

When I mean turn on, it means that the display is dark.

BUT I can screen share into the machine...

Now I tried to turn on RadeonDeInit hoping that it would help. It crashes less often but it still crashes.

Quick question: When you say "crashes" do you mean the entire system becomes unresponsive, as in you click the mouse but nothing happens, you type on the keyboard but nothing happens, BUT you can still see the pointer arrow moving?

This is happening to me all the time, also when graphics intensive functions or apps are running.

Did you find a fix?

i got sapphire nitro radeon RX580 -8GB HDMI display working ... but when i shifted to display port --- display only in clover boot but no display upon reaching the system... how do u maje display port work? hdmi work ... 10.13.5 please help

As You made the config, can You guess where could be the problem? Could You suggest some way to find the cause?

I just run Geekbench 4 and I have a Pulse RX580 an it gets a score of 138421. My GPU only has 1 power connector which takes a 6 pin and 2 pin.

Last edited:
After the installation of the 7700K CPU, disabling again the iGPU and setting Clover/Graphics to the most basic settings (RadeonDeInit only) with Lilu and Whatevergreen and using the SMBIOS of iMac 18,3, I got to the most stable setup to this date (I am working without crashes already several hours). I hope it will remain like this ... (Edit: it did not ..., but still it took longer to freeze).

Now the second step is to find the reason, why the GPU does not perform like other users claim. Also I would like to unlock the H.265 encoding features of the GPU and CPU, but I will have to research how to do it. If You have any advice, I will be happy.

Did you ever get this figured out. I’m having the exact same issues. Same console logs and same freezing. If I try to take a video recording in QuickTime it instantly freezes. For now I’m just using the IGPU with no problems but I would like to get my RX580 working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back