i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

after reading several posts about the ease of bringing an RX 580 to life on a hackintosh, I decided to buy one.

Today I spent the whole day trying to make it work and I wasn't successful, which is very frustrating.

It is a Sapphire RX 580 NITRO+ 4GB, which has been reported to for fine.

I placed the Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts in the EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER folder.

Than I read I have to turn on the RadeonDeInit, which I have done.

Always I got stuck on boot on the Apple logo with the progress bar.

Someone adviced to change the SMBIOS to MacPro 6,1. With this my boot process got stuck just at the beginning.

I also tried to update the Clover version to the newest one and I think this also made some problems.

I use Sierra 10.12.6 and I can't change to High Sierra as half of my apps would not function anymore.

I will be grateful for any advice!

By the way, my Clover version is 3766, which I had on my backup drive and I don't know how safe it is to update to the newest version and if it is needed?

One more thing ... if You have any recommendation for the config.plist configuration, than You are most welcome. I understand only the very basics ... for example I don't know which "C" states of the CPU should be turned on ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok wow this config is all messed up, gonna be a few minutes fixing this and making a change log.

Just want to clarify a few things, this is for your Skylake build in your sig correct? Also are you using iGPU? And what apps can you not use in High Sierra?

Last edited by a moderator:
OK here is pretty much a whole new EFI folder with everything you need. Here is a link to the diff from your config.plist to the one I gave you https://www.diffchecker.com/pMhnBVyl, You were missing a ton of kext,the most important one was FakeSMC.kext. Skylake doesn't need ssdt, it has native CPU pm support. I only took your NVMe ssdt and added it to the EFI I made for you. Replace your whole EFI folder with this one.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    13.1 MB · Views: 1,560
OK here is pretty much a whole new EFI folder with everything you need. Here is a link to the diff from your config.plist to the one I gave you https://www.diffchecker.com/pMhnBVyl, You were missing a ton of kext,the most important one was FakeSMC.kext. Skylake doesn't need ssdt, it has native CPU pm support. I only took your NVMe ssdt and added it to the EFI I made for you. Replace your whole EFI folder with this one.

Thanks for the help! There are really tons of changes and I'm looking forward to test it now.

Thanks for the help! There are really tons of changes and I'm looking forward to test it now.
I would also recommend upgrading to 10.13.2 has better support for RX 580 and also have native support for NVMe.

I would also recommend upgrading to 10.13.2 has better support for RX 580 and also have native support for NVMe.
So unfortunatelly the hackintosh doesn’t boot with this config. It gets stuck on boot. I attach a photo. It doesn’t work with the RX580 an neither with a 280x.

I can’t upgrade to High Sierra as I would loose a lot of apps I’m using like the old Adobe CS3 and Final Cut Studio apps.

Attachments

• CAFC9450-FF7F-4E53-BE71-7A3D9945C88C.jpeg
    CAFC9450-FF7F-4E53-BE71-7A3D9945C88C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,357
So unfortunatelly the hackintosh doesn’t boot with this config. It gets stuck on boot. I attach a photo. It doesn’t work with the RX580 an neither with a 280x.

I can’t upgrade to High Sierra as I would loose a lot of apps I’m using like the old Adobe CS3 and Final Cut Studio apps.
Do you have kext in S/L/E? From the looks of it you do, if so you need to remove those, I am pretty sure those apps have updates for High Sierra.

Do you have kext in S/L/E? From the looks of it you do, if so you need to remove those, I am pretty sure those apps have updates for High Sierra.
Hi, which kexts should be removed? First I will have to find a way to make the machine bootable again...

Unfortunatelly the apps are over. About Final Cut Studio I got an e-mail from Apple that it is over. And looking in the compatibility list I know ADOBE CS3 is over. Yes, I could buy a newer version but I don’t have extra money to do it.

I have these kexts in Library/Extensions ... which should be removed?

Attachments

• Library-Extensions.png
    Library-Extensions.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 663
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back