Contribute
Register

[Solved] R4E + high sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached the EFI im currently running on high sierra (updated from sierra).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 221
Attached the EFI im currently running on high sierra (updated from sierra).
So I tried the Installer EFI but since its config.plist was indicating osx I changed it to Mac OS. Then I put two EFI Drivers the apfs.efi and the ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi into the /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder so the Clover Boot loader this way could recognize the APFS file system since my High Sierra SSD is APFS formatted! This way the Clover Boot Loader opened up properly and I was able to chose the High Sierra partition. And... voila... the system booted and I was able to log in as the USB was working this time. However my Audio is not as I have not included my Audio Kext just yet. However the huge progress is that now I can log in! So now I will deal with the audio and once it is working I will save that EFI as a working EFI. After that I will do some testing and see if I can implement shilohh's speedstep setup he did for the same motherboard. If I am successful with everything I will report back to you and will send you my EFI so you can have speedstep enabled properly with your ASUS R4E so you can overclock your machine with HighSierra. Hope it will work out nicely but if not then at least now I have a bootable system with working USB at login and after that.

Thank you very much! I appreciate your effort! :)

I will also save this new EFI folder you sent me and will keep it and use it if nothing would work out with my further testing.

Great that you got it working!
FYI the last EFI i sendt you is patched with the audio drivers and is working perfectly :)

I checked the UEFI drivers in the EFI folder you sent me as your working EFI and I see you don't have the apfs.efi driver in there but only the HFSplus-64.efi perfectly explains that indeed you have updated your Sierra to High Sierra. So if I will be able to create a speedstepp capable EFI folder I will not send you the apfs.efi derivers as you won't need it unless you reinstall your High Sierra into an APSF partition. So now I am going to go and test...test... and retest... LOL

Great that you got it working!
FYI the last EFI i sendt you is patched with the audio drivers and is working perfectly :)

Excellent. I might just use that + my apfs.efi driver that I have and see if I can go further to implement speedstep then I report back to you and in case I am successful I will send you my speedstepp capable EFI fro High Sierra. :)

Great! :) Wish you the best of luck!

Hello gentlemen

I notice your discussion, I have the same mainboard.
I don't have access to a MAC computer, can you help me with your bootable ISO to create a USB bootable and install?

Thank you

Hello guys
I have one question to you: I have similar configuration (R4E + i7 4930) and after upgrade to HS, sleep stoped to work (or works partially: screen goes black but motherboard is still power on). Does it work on your configurations?

Regards and TIA
Pawel

Hello gentlemen

I notice your discussion, I have the same mainboard.
I don't have access to a MAC computer, can you help me with your bootable ISO to create a USB bootable and install?

Thank you
Please read through this thread and use the attached files and there should be no problem with the install!

Hello guys
I have one question to you: I have similar configuration (R4E + i7 4930) and after upgrade to HS, sleep stoped to work (or works partially: screen goes black but motherboard is still power on). Does it work on your configurations?

Regards and TIA
Pawel
Yes my setup also has this problem and I haven't had time to deal with it yet but I am kind of okay with it since I use an SSD for my OS X and it takes literally not more than maybe 30 sec to boot the machine up. So I rather turn off the computer instead of putting it to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back